• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 17, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nylon lock nut, with washer, snugged then backed off 1/4 turn.
The 10 degree angle lays nicely in the slot, no binding either direction.

"Somethins probably still not right." Probably, but I got a whole lotta that goin on w/ the 149,,,,

It was gifted and yeah I had to smack it a few times, Turned out Perfect though,,, Thanks Marlin,
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 111
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 109
JW - ya, didn't anyone ever tell you it's not a good idea to be smacking gifts around. And besides that, these units tend to be known as females.
biggrin.gif

Hey - how bout posting some pics of it installed so we can confirm it's also centered EXACTLY in that front slot, and you have your belt tension set perfectly so the front V-groove is exactly even with the slot. And remember, some of the members refer to me as "Ole Eagle Eye".

And did you notice below I finally got an original Blue Ribbon Service Manual (took 30+ years and my off-spring to find it).

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 108
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 109
lol.gif

311007.jpg

I Hope Charlie is getting some good pics of "thing" throwing a 9.9 rated 42' arch,,,,
roflol.gif

Attachments

• roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 311007.jpg
    311007.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 111
  • lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 120
  • 311007.jpg
    311007.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 111
  • lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 115
  • roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 117
Jason W. The one that I have for the Keepsake 1650 is straight like yours with no bend.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Harry B. Perhaps you're onto something with that extra bend making that piece so darn expensive. I order my parts from CC Specialties due to Charlie's one price for shipping. A couple of years ago I ordered a some parts from the local CASE/IH - Cub Cadet dealer that added to under ten dollars. They charged over $11.00 for the shipping. Also, if I recall the piece that I had for Jason was straight on the end of the hole. Must've been made on a Friday.

KENtuckyKEN. Was that one of those complete meals in a can?
biggrin.gif

Schultzie. That's our kitties when we eat.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 104
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 112
  • 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 116
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 116
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 107
  • 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 115
Hey Hydro,

You could possibly consider something like or similar to DocScan Pro,,,
My Company just recently updated our fones and we have been using that app to send in time sheets and documents from the field to home office,,, No More Scanners or Fax Machines,
happy.gif

Anyway converts any image to PDF document and supports many formats and file types and options to upload and/or email,,,

It's pretty darn sweet actually,,, would love to see that sweet new treasure in the Manuals Section,
happy.gif

DocScan Pro

Under Edit:

Marlin,

My 149 frame slot and mule drive pulley setup requires the bend at pulley mounting hole,,, Worked a treat, Thanks Again!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 112
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 112
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 109
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 98
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 106
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 117
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 110
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 106
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
Jason W. The part I sent you was on a spare 1650 sub-frame that I got with the parts 1650. I'm strongly considering using that 1650's hydraulic lines to convert the 129 with 14 hp engine to hydraulic lift.

JW - hey, I'm still using a 3G phone so I doubt I'll get to that scanning tool.

David S - I don't need that companion manual (did you notice it's dated 1979). That's the Engine companion manual that goes with the Service companion manual for the combined 1x8/9 and Quiet Line series. The manual I posted is dated 1974 (before the Quiet Line series was introduced). It only has the 1x8/9 series and since it's 1974 it has the 169. The Engine is Section 1 and the rest of the tractor stuff in Sections 2 and 3 (it's like the earlier IH manual). A lot easier to use.

I would like to thank Scott Tanner for helping me come up with a way to make my pto handle to power my new electric pto.

Question - Will a 5/8 belt ride in a 1/2 pulley? Thanks in advance

Austin, no. It won't"ride" right. Probably fall off fairly soon too. I tried a 1/2 belt in a 3/8 pulley and broke the belt, wore completely out in only a couple hours.

Back