• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 26, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
Larry-

It's not necessarily a technical name as much as it is a common name. I can't remember what IH called it. And it shouldn't be hard to slip on the crank. Be sure and clean the crank/keyway well with some very fine emery cloth. I always clean the hole/keyway in the pulley as well. With a touch of anti-seize it should slide right in place. The key is usually the most difficult part but rather easy just the same. I also use red thread locker on the set screws when installing this pulley because it takes so much of a beating. I've seen several worn keyways because of this pulley coming loose.

Mine was very tough to get off and was not going to slip back on. I'm sure with some polishing I could get it to just slip on. Likely what I will do. I wasn't sure if it was meant to be a press fit or not?

These pulleys are almost always difficult to remove due mainly to rust. They aren't pressed on at all. It's held on with the two set screws, one on the keyway, the other directly on the crank shaft.

It's important to install this pulley well; it can really take a beating if the least bit loose. It can damage the keyway on the crank too so...

Got lots of wet snow last night and this morning. This isn't funny to me - I should be long gone for the winter. Fortunately the 129 just needed the skids put on the blade. I haven't pushed snow in about 8 or 9 years, it was fun, I took a couple of videos rolling the snow in a big curl. It does bring back lots of memories, I've lived in the same place for 40 years in a few months, cleaning the same driveway and yard.
Here's one in my driveway, another doing the edge of the road between the neighbor's driveway and mine.

Postscript: What really bums me out was I'v got a new Silverado just waiting at the dealer... too crappy today to pick up a new pickup..

Would have never been able to use the QA42 in that stuff..
Gotta find a hat band to put my action cam on... Hands got cold holding the phone. Sure did miss having hot chocolate waiting when I was done, too..
sad.gif

Gerry, nice job, both plowing snow and taking video. I was surprised to see you were doing that bare handed. BTW, a QA42 will work in that type snow IF you have the discharge chute coated with graphite paint.

...and if you have the HP to feed the QA 42 full!!!!

For any newer members running IH snow throwers:

You simply must run them FULL!!! Feed them as hard as the engine will take....if you are not hard into the governor, then take more/drive faster.

The thrower relies on a steady and full stream of snow in the auger and on the paddles to keep it operating effectively.....so keep them full.

HP is you friend on a thrower, the more the better....Because, in heavy wet slushy snow, it's HP that allows you to run them full.

Be careful and have fun!

While waiting on some snow to play in......
Decided to catch up on some projects that got shoved to the far end of the work bench last winter.

Mule drive for the 38" pin on deck I did a while back and plan on displaying under the 104. Drilled out the pin holes and bushed them back to 1/2" along with replacing the puny, cracked & busted OEM crossmember w/one a little more substantial.

Will replace the 3/8" pins as well. Anyone know if these clevis pins are hard like a grade 5 or so??

Had to tighten the loop in new eye bolts to hold a sliver of 3/8" bushing stock. Will spot weld it in the bottom of the loop to secure. Should provide a bit more surface area for the pin.

323723.jpg

I use graphite paint that Kraig alludes to on my snow blade with the wet glue snow I get here,the snow and slush curls right off like a wave,it’s a must use in my opinion for throwers and blades

Wayne:
When you install your starter/pto pulley I always drill a 5/16 hole on each side of the center. Then when you need to remove it next time you can just use a harmonic balance wheel puller to remove it. That puller makes it an easy removal.
Earl L

Wayne:
When you install your starter/pto pulley I always drill a 5/16 hole on each side of the center. Then when you need to remove it next time you can just use a harmonic balance wheel puller to remove it. That puller makes it an easy removal.
Earl L

Gerry,

That looks like the kind of snow we get here in NC.
You mentioned a new truck, I thought you had a new one already.
1a_scratchhead.gif

I know what you mean about not having hot chocolate when you get in. My dad passed Oct.31, and my grandma (dad's mom) on Nov.19.
Not too interested in doing anything lately.
sad.gif

Earl-

I've done a couple that way but since have found that heating the collar works just as well without fumbling with the nuts on the back side and using a puller. I've bent a few pulleys using that technique too. With the heat the pulley usually pops right off. I imagine using both methods simultaneously would make it a breeze.

Good afternoon everyone. I have a question regarding the rims/tires on my #2 cart. I just removed the tires from the rims and found that the rims are smaller than what I expected. CPE-2 parts breakdown shows rims for 4.00/4.80-8 tires. The tires that were on the rims are very old (but in good shape) Goodyear 4.30-8 wheelbarrow tires. The rim dimensions are: 8-13/16" diameter, 3-1/16" overall width, 2-1/2" bead width, 3/4" bearing diameter. I do not see a part number on the rims. I suspect that these are not original and are the wrong replacements. Am I correct?

Hey Dave - terrific looking bucket.

Larry - hope you haven't installed the basket pulley yet. You need to add the S/G belt adjustment arm before the basket pulley. Otherwise, the basket pulley is to close to the block to get the bolt in place.

Also, I'd leave the basket pulley loose until you get the S/G mounted. You need to align the S/G pulley with the basket pulley, and then tighten down the 2 set screws.

William S - about your #2 cart. This is at least the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen indication of 4.30-8 Goodyear wheelbarrow tires being used on the cart. I have had a few #2's and thought they were 4.00-8. The original tread did appear slightly unique as well.

I really can't speak to whether the wheels you have are the correct size but will say mine, which I'm fairly certain were original, did have a grease zerk.

Back