• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 26, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve B: I have used the QA42 in the past, IIRC I referred to this type of snow as "white cow flop" one time. It's just as easy to use the blade and it moves the snow just about as far sideways as the QA42 does - you're right, it's only a twelve horse. And besides, I got to practice BRS for the first time in years.

Marty - check in the "Haulin" thread... Just too many Deep Ocean Blue Z71's LOL..

Gerry......I didn't say it would throw it far!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

And BRS is FUN!!!! Applied that technique myself Monday AM with the 982 and 54" Haban......need to push back those "cow flop" piles that the blade rolled up!!!!

Nice new truck......no blue oval, but nice truck anyway!

Gerry - I had to come back and view your videos when I had some time. Great pushin'.

Matt & Harry,

Thanks! My rims do have grease zerks. I'm just wondering if they were an option, perhaps dealer installed or they just came that way for a period of time. The age of the tires and the condition of the cart (surface rusty, but in really good shape, no dents, etc.) make me think that they are not replacements. This could just be another Cub Cadet mystery!

Billy

William tractor supply here has exact replacement tire tube wheel, mounted for 36.00. Also has grease zerk. So I figure my #2 trl. tires could be replacements.

William,
Here is what my all-original #2 trailer has on it. Exactly what you described on yours.

Go to the manuals section on here and look under trailers for IH 2 Trailer. Pictures (wish they were more clear) kinda make me think they are the same also.

Wish mine had the center caps that the manual shows. I have never seen a #2 trailer with them.

323731.jpg

Well, with my care package showing up last night I got to work in the garage. I got some paint on the engine(no show piece, just keep it from rusting). I wish I had more patience to make it all purdy, but I'm too realistic and know it is just not going to be worth all that.

I got the PTO rebuilt and installed along with pulley. I hope to get some dry time this weekend(suppose to be warm but wet) and hope to get it set back in the frame(outside under a tarp).

Little by little it's coming together. Doubt I will get it started this weekend due to Xmas party on Sunday, but we'll see.

I also have the refurbished electric lift to install too!

Hey Larry - did you see my note about installing the S/G belt adjusting arm to the block?

I sure hope so - or you're gonna have to remove the PTO.

Larry, Hydro is correct, you will need to install the S/G belt tensioner bracket before you install the basket pulley.

323738.jpg

Luther, thanks!

Kirk, that rim/tire is exactly what I have. You are right, the pictures in the manual indicate that what we have is original. It looks like the manual is from March 1970. The #2 carts were made into the 1980's. The later ones had serial number plates. The earlier ones did not. I would say our carts are very early ones and the tires/rims were changed after 1970.

I guess I will keep my rims and tires as they are and restore the whole cart.

Thanks, guys! I don't post very much, but this forum is a great place to learn.

Billy

Back