• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 14, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
I'm trying to locate the specifications for the engine driven hydro units used for the hydrauics on the older models. I would like to replace the hoses and can't find anything related to operating pressures. Also looking at a piston replacement but the physical characteristics are not a standard size. Thanks for your help.....JIM

Anyone interrested in a moldboard plow checkout eBay #2359648955. Looks like a good plow for plowday. I like how coulter is connected to plow. Should help with trash problem. Looks like a good winter project modifying my brinly.

(Message edited by Dmerkle on November 15, 2003)

James P,
13881.jpg

James C,

Check the PTO switch, it will lock out the starting circuit, as will the N safety switch.

James P.

I'm assuming that you mean the bolt-on IH hyd. lift unit. Pressures are not that high on that animal, any hose rated for hyd. service should be fine. You local hyd. shop, or machinery dealer will be able to make exact reproductions of your hoses using 3000# 1/4" hydraulic hose and fittings for reasonable $$$. Just take the old hoses off and have the dealer make you up a set. My hyd. lift has brand new hoses made in the same way.

Digger...Thanks for the info, I've got a place that will make them up, as you did. Just didn't know what kind of pressure that pump delivers. Doesn't look like much......JIM

Digger:

Thanks. I am getting ready to work on the engine in my 102 and wanted to paint it as close to correct as possible. I have the transaxle painted so there is some of the oxide red as it was when I took it apart.

Is that a 102 engine?

Hydro based hyd. lift :

Hydro charge pump, no hyd lift = 65-165 psi

Hydro charge pump WITH hyd lift = no more than 200 psi

BUT, during lifting the charge pump pressures rise to 500-700 psi

Narrow frame add-on hyd:

2.5 gpm at up to 400 psi max.

All of these systems are rated well under the pressure ratings of 1/4" hyd. hose.

Good day to make the winter switch. Before I put the 1450 away, I made sure the other light got put to good use, too
wink.gif

13884.jpg

Thanks for the advice the neutral safety switch was bypassed by a previous owner and the PTO switch seems to be working, I can turn on the switch and hear the click and when I turn it off, it does nothing. Could a bad charge indicator gauge cause the starter not to work? Thanks, James

For a while it seems that the thing to do is to modify Cub Cadets for "Mo' Powa"'. The reason is more than likly because of the Plow Dayz. God knows, I would never do <u>anything</u> like that.
angel.gif

Has anyone ever tried to go with less power and do a lower horse power engine in a Hydro??
I'm picking up a 1X9 series tommorrow that needs some "Medical" work on the engine and I thought that in the meantime throw a 8hp. in it. Might be kinda' kool
cool.gif
. Any thoughts?

OK, I'm not going to release the names of the guys that stole my stuff, but there is an interesting article in the Charles City Press.

"The Floyd County Sheriff's office has reported that three Floyd County men have been charged with first degree theft after two Cub Cadet tractors were taken from a rural residence.
Dustin D. Devries, 22, Ryan D. Krueger, 25, both of Charles City, and Kevin D. Krueger, 20, of Floyd, went before a Magistrate judge on Monday, Nov. 10. Due to the value of the property, over $15,000, the charge faced is a Class C felony, punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
The Sheriff's Office reports that the stolen items were reported missing at approximately 10 a.m. on Oct. 28 from Echo Avenue, about one mile north of Rockford. Lt. Brian Tiedemann and Investigator Travis Bartz began their investigation into the theft with information collected early that morning, prior to the items having been reported missing, by Lt. Cameron Manson.
Manson noticed a vehicle parked on a gravel road with no lights on at approximate 4:50 a.m. that morning about a half mile west of Hwy. 14 on 240th Street near Marble Rock.
Manson investigated the suspicious vehicle and found two individuals, one of which was pouring gasoline into the vehicle. He was told by the subjects that they were waiting for friend to pick them up. On a trailer were the two tractors. Manson recorded their description, as well as the subjects' information.
Bartz and Tiedemann spent two days investigating the theft. On the third day, investigators apprehended the three subjects and retrieved the stolen property."

Tom,

the 109 I turned into a 169 was a guttless wonder, it's only saving grace was the 38" deck.

8hp would be fine for putting around, but wouldn't leave you much for running a deck or a heavy drawbar load.

BTW Tom, have you seen the 1st Gear 1/25th scale IH TD-25 crawlers and the newly introduced PayScraper????? NICE!!!!! Thought you might like them considering your profession.

Let's hope the "10 years/$10,000" holds up, I'd love to see the system actually work on those guys!!!!!

I have to say that thus far I am very pleased with the job out local sheriff department has done. When I first found out about it, I really thought the stuff was gone for good.

James Crews The PTO switch has two sides, one side enables the PTO and the other side enables the starter when the PTO is in the off position. It's quite common for the safety side to become intermitten. I usually hold the key in the start position and gently wiggle the PTO switch and listen for the starter to engage. Seen a lot of them fail that way. Usually they will work with just a little up pressure on the knob. Could also be disconnected or a bad connection under the dash.

The Ampmere is basicly a straight wire and they usually just burn up the shunt across it but you can try with a jumper across the two posts or use an ohmmeter to check it out. Good luck

STEVE - Year ago getting ready for PD, Wyatt bought a replacement pressure relief spring for His 169 and a bunch of pipe fittings. We replaced the relief spring and His hyd. lift pressure went from the 600-650 PSI up to over 900 PSI. "More Power" to lift bigger plows, snow blowers, etc. It was a standard replacement spring for the Sunstrand Model 15 hydro from another color of tractor that was built years ago up in Horicon. Maybe Wyatt can post a part #. Ohhh Steve - I found Dad's X-mas present yesterday too! The Ertl 40th Anniversary Set, 706-D & 806-D, both NFE, Flat-top fenders! NEAT! That's what Dad was looking for before He screwed-up and found His 4010. Unfortunately neither tractor has suitcase weights! Is there a way to "Fix That"? They're both 1/16th scale.

Charlie- The info for the hydro work was very helpful. Interesting conversion on the manual lift to hydro conversion that was explained. After I got done it looks as though I'be looking for another rocker shaft, mine could use replacing. I have a manual setup but wanted to keep it for for a backup. Have you replaced any of the seals in your cylinder or pump assembly? Can you get seal kits (NO) or are they just run of the mill O rings?
Thanks Again...........JIM

Latest posts

Back