• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 14, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbuttke

displayname
Lonny Buttke
Firday's here and I have to be stuck at work instead of enjoying the day working with my cubs.

Kent, here's a different version of that guy on the Cadet 80 with the #1 sweeper.
13871.jpg

RyanM..
The plow did great! I plowed enough this morning to use about 4 gallons of gasoline! Like I said though, I do need to get rid of that weight bar I had hanging on top of the plow. That and redesign the attachment bracket to allow a bit easier fore and aft adjustment.. I posted some more plowing photos over in my disk coulter conversion topic on the WFM site.
Funnest thing was riding one round with the farmer in the cab of his huge track-type CAT (350HP I think) pulling a big disk-chisel type tool thru cornstalk ground!
happy.gif
We were riding along smooth as silk at 6.7 to 6.8 MPH.

Ryan - Seat on My 982 was already all the way ahead! JOHN - Smooth Ride is what I hear everyone say about those CAT Challenger's. That and they can't believe how well they can pull. AMAZING what $200K can buy isn't it?

Kraig>
your correct Friday not firday, thats tommrow night, lol

John-
When I went along for competitive assessment for tracks tractors when I worked on the first JD9000T tractors it was a hands-down winner that the CIH Quad-Trak was the best ride. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it seemed to set narrower. CATs and Deere tracks tractors seem to "wander" a bit in squishy stuff while a QuadTrak marches right through. I never really cared for the ride I had in the Challenger 85 I had, not as smooth as the 9400T with the
"walking beam" pivots.

It was interesting observing all the information the farmer/operator of the CAT could pull up on the dash. Slippage was zero. He did try working some frozen ground a few days ago and pulled his tillage tool apart!!!
happy.gif

Wyatt, I can see how that CIH Quad-Trac would ride nice too!

Dennis, You know you could rent or lease one I bet!
happy.gif
You don't really have to have the 200K! Might pay off if you have a lot of work for it to do!

Oh, I've put together a mockup of a better coulter mount for my disk coulter. Pictures over there! >>> WFM site.

(Message edited by jlang on November 14, 2003)

I am stuck with a Cadet question/questions that I hope someone can help with.

I inherited a Cadet with no model numbers anywhere, and I am trying to find parts for it. All decals are gone. There are no engine or model tags stuck anywhere. I have been able to get the following for research:

The motor is Koehler, serial number 721113. There is a spec number on the engine of 28542E. It is a K161S series Koehler.

The tractor serial number on the reduction gear housing is 351153. There is a casting number of 376248R on the front of the engine.

I believe that this is a Model 70 becasue of the 161 series Koehler egine. Is my assumption correct? If it is not, can someone help me out with an identification or tell me other numbers that I need that I haven't found? Any idea on year of production for what I have?

I want to purchase some mower parts for this Cadet, but I have to start with the basics of what it is first.

Lee, in central West Virginia

George F. -

If that's really the serial number, a check of the chart at www.ihcubcadet.com shows that it would be a model 73.

You might also want to read thru the FAQ at the link towards the top of the page, too...

Also, ANY of our sponsors would've been able to help you with just the serial number and engine model
wink.gif

Guys: I attempting to install a wind breaker on my 782.Steve sent me the instructions but there a little fuzzy. Does anyone haver any good pics of just the frame installed? I'm a little puzzled by where to attach the door frame to the step... Well, i'm alot puzzled. Any help would be appreciated. Kent W.

Paint question.

When the engine on a 102 is painted, is the carb, wiring, S/G and plug wire painted at the same time?

Are all of the shields also yellow?

Working on my 102 resto job again and would like to know how to paint the engine properly.

Got me another toy today. Picked up payment for a job in the form of a 184. Not on topic but still it says International on the side. Enven has a new set of decals for it and manual.

JOHN - Maybe I could afford to lease one for a while just by selling rides Huh?
biggrin.gif
WYATT - Salesman for a machine shop I used to work with did a LOT of CAT work. He got to visit their test facility one day while working on a new project. They had a test track with buried sensors all over it and EVERY color tractor got a test pull, The big yellow ones, the red one's, and the green ones. Salesman's project wasn't on the Challenger so He never really did find out what the test was about. FRANK M. - Great Payday with the 184. The last & best of the LoBoys. Dad got a really used & abused 154 about a year ago and loves it. He sold His '57 LoBoy He'd only had a couple years because He just never saw himself ever using it ever again!

Thanks Charlie, that does help.This is truely a great forum. When a guy way up in Canada has a mental block( seem to have more & more of them, come to think you get a call from way down in the states to give some helpful knowledge. Man does Steve B know his garden tractors(even models he doesn't have). Thanks for the help Steve. Have a great day. Kent W

Hi , I need some advice on the electrical system of my 1450. I can't seem to get the motor to start with the starter switch. I changed the solenoid and the coil and the only way to rotate the engine is to hot wire it , I changed the switch and I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions? Thanks James

James,
It seems as though you've taken care of all the basic components but have you checked the wiring between them. Check to make sure your well grounded and that you have no breaks or corrosion on your connections...............JIM

Latest posts

Back