• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 14, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BRYAN - Chief Equip. was the BIG equip. dealer just out of town on 151 right? Ag & Const. equip. The place I was thinking of You could see between Johnson Street (Rt 26) and Military Rd. exits off 41 on the east side of 41 on the service road. Just L&G stuff. A LOT of L&G stuff. Great selection of new CC and plenty of accesories. Just no tolerance for IH built Cub's.

Denny,

I have seen that set, very nice. BTW, suitcase weights are no problem.

Denny/Wyatt,

I'm sure 900 psi is very possible with a new spring and a shim or two. The SGT's ran about 100 psi higher on the relief lift pressure according to spec. so I'm sure that 900 psi wopuldn't hurt anything. I bet it would really "super charge" the hydro when you dead head the cylinder though.....instant 2mph boost in ground speed!!!! I'll bet the JD and IH spring came out of the same box at Sunstrand!!!!

Narrow Frame Hyd. Lift Cylinder:

I have rebuilt one, just big o-rings. The end caps are held in place by the NPT threads of the hyd. hoses. Biggest source for leakage isn't the o-ring at the end cap, at least not directly...it's corrosion around the sealing surface of the end cap where the oring must seat. Mine took a new end cap (NLA) and a set of o-rings, but the fix is pretty straight forward.

Jim C.

I have noticed a very pronounced difference in "available power" between a 10hp gear drive and a 10hp hydro. I don't know about the 2hp part either (I would guess it's more a factor of the condition of the hydro itself than anything else), but I would limit something like an "89" or "850" to a 38" deck and would not expect much "hogging power" in tall/wet/thick spring grass.....just my $.02

Tom,

The 109 that I have for now is not too powerful. When they made the hydrostatic transmission they found that it needed at least a 10hp engine to run it properly. I think that an 8hp engine would be way too anemic.

STEVE - You'll have MAIL tomorrow! ;-) FWIW, I think a CC 89 or 850 would sure be useful towing trailers, etc. Since I semi-retired My 72 from mowing duty I don't really need more than 7-8 HP for anything except Plow days..... And Heaven only knows HOW Much HP is enough for those now! Seriously though.... I think a 7 or 8 HP Hydro should be a Slant Back Grill model.... Narrow Frame Ya Know! ( ducking for cover....)

(Message edited by dfrisk on November 16, 2003)

I'll say this about that: My K301 in my 100 will do a HEAP a lot more pulling and working than my K301 in my 129!

Looks like I answered my question on the wheel caps . . . . . the cap for a 100 pilots on a diameter that's about .100" smaller than that of a 147 steering wheel.

Now the only question is if the reproduction decals can be swapped onto the steering caps for the 147.

Denny Jim C Tom H Steve B

I gota say something about the 8hp hydro thing after droping one in my 147 roller, mostly to just pot around the yard with. It does spriseingly well. i don't do much work with it at this point but she will move me and the tracotr anywhere a 10 or 16 horse would move it. As far as deck work goes with a fresh 8 why not?? just slow the hydro down and go at it!!
Joe

James P.
I was thinking that lift paddle was what I would need. If I went with that route, I wouldn't have to use that rinky-dink cable system, I could just make up a lift rod like the IH snowblowers/front blades.

Aaytay - The paddle would get you operational but the cable does look a bit light duty for the flail. I'm sure the cable is strong enough but a lift rod would probably work better in the long run. Looks like the cable could use a couple more clamps too, how heavy is that unit anyway?.....JIM

Art,
I'm gonna throw my 3 cents on your Flail Mo, Cable would be a good thing to let the mower float up and down with the ground, since your Cub doesn't have a float mode.

Good point Charlie, but couldn't I just put the lift handle in "float" mode and accomplish the same thing? <font size="-2">'Course I'd hate to have it bind though!</font>
happy.gif

James-
The cable is plenty strong. I think Charlie has a point about the cable providing "float" though.

I posted the same basic question on the yahoo "group" for Haban owners. We'll see what happens there....

Art,
Bryan's Jiffy cutter has the cable lift cable that seeems to work fine. Maybe he can post a pic of the lift system.

Got the 1X9 home today for the next project, but I got to tell ya' pushing a non-running hydro around SUX!! I think the hydo lift would be a nice "option", but I'm leaning pretty heavy to the MO' POWA' side. ARHH, ARHH, ARHH.

I just finished doing my leaves for the last time this year. I had to borrow my Dad's JD lawn tractor with a rear bagger to put the finishing touches on the clean up. You can't beat a tractor with a bagger for the clean up. Here's my problem. I love my 149 with a 44A, large pulley and Gators however, I'm beginning to realize I need (want) a bagger.

My options are buying a TracVac for my 149 or buying a new Cub with a rear bagger. I'd prefer the former since it would be a lot cheaper but I want something that works as good as my Dad's newer JD lawn tractor. I got to say it's like a vacume cleaner. Anyway, my question is does anyone have a TracVac on an older Cub with my style deck? If so how does it work? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

Art how big of a drive pulley are you going to put on the Plow Special?I was thinking of making a bigger one for the 14 hp Original needs more ground speed.

Art,
I've never really measured the length of travel with a manual lift but I'll betcha Steve B has. But lets say you've got 8" of travel 4" each way and hit a 6" low spot, fine it just hangs there with the mower wheels in the air and then a 10" high spot with said mower, that leaves 2" of comin at ya hard and heavy of your movin right along with a solid lift bar. Course I may all goofy in my thinkin but I've been breathin Deft all day too, grin

Had a good Cubbing weekend this weekend started out with an all day road trip with Nick Queensland to bring home this 1450 with a C-48 sweepster on it. Someone has suggested once I get this ready for winter duty that I loan it to my Dad so that when Charlie is getting ready to make his rounds around the neighborhood he could "sweep" Charlie away!!!LOL
13892.jpg

And then today the wife and me went down to Travis's to pick up some parts from him so now I have my projects to work on this winter.

(Message edited by hsimon on November 16, 2003)

Charlie-
I'm with ya...The cable has it beat. Now to just figure out how this thing hooks up! Oh Bryan??.....

Mike M.-
You need to contact Tim Delooza (spelling?) he took some fantistic pictures of the ENLARGED drive pulley that he made. With some calculations we figured that a 4" pulley would get the ground speed up to par with a normal gear drive cub in 2nd gear. (And I think it made 1st & 3rd slightly faster than a standard gearbox.) Now, if you go makin' one for yourself, would ya care to make TWO while yer at it?
happy.gif

Art I was ti\hinking the same thing.I was going to add a second groove for hyd pump add on makes lifting the plow better
happy.gif

Howdy Boyz!
Thot I'd drop in say Hi!

Hi.

Finally got that 108 home that I bought off of Pat Irlbeck....Thanks Travis...Pat....Paul B...
and anybody else who helped load it or unload it.
Now for the restore! As soon as I get this dang bedroom addition finished on the house.

Honey Doos.....gotta luv em.
Wish I had more time and money to catch all the plow days and shows......
Yall take keer! Ketchya on th backslide.
Anybody needs anything down this way....all ya gotta do is holler....I'd be glad ta help!
Whether its retrievin a museum piece and holdin it, or comin to get ya if yer broke down while passin thru.
Lets be safe out there.

Scott Mc , Bryan has one on a 44 or 50 I think .I switched mine from my 60" 755 jd compact to my 1782 D with a 54" and gators. WOW!!! it really works nice ,lots of suction and the gators chop the leaves up fine .I can go a bit longer before I have to empty.

Latest posts

Back