Archive through November 12, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig....What if you put another hole below the throttle cable screw circled in blue and moved it down ? That would give a larger range of motion on that lever.

Kraiq , I`am have the same problem setting up the 149 K that i just rebuilt,i adjusted the throttle stop at 3900 and with out the cable set idle and then installed the throttle cable. I have it running but lost a little top end to get idle. Later Don T
1a_scratchhead.gif

The funny thing about this is that I have a 10hp from a 100 that is going to need this EXACT adjustment once I get the tractor back together.

I'll let Kraig "figure out the Math" on this one, then ask for "notes" after the fact..
roflol.gif

I checked all four of my 12 Horse kohlers. The gov spring is on the 4 th hole from the bottom.

I think ....

Lewis, nope, not sure what that would gain? There is plenty of cable length to adjust with on the engine end. Under edit: On your Kohlers, in which of the two brackets is the spring in the 4th hole up? The governor bracket (the left bracket in the photos below) or the "Speed Control Bracket" (the right bracket in the photos)?

Brendan, that I believe, would have the same effect as moving the spring to the top hole.

Don, how much did you loose on the top end and what is your idle RPM???

Art, if I figure it out you're welcome to the notes. I do owe you for the use of that electronic tach. I'm gonna have to get one of those for myself.

Kraig, if you have a pic of your O's front of engine --pulley area-- could you please post it. Thanks, Nick
beerchug.gif

I have just puchased a 128 - my first CC. The hood hinges have been poorly replaced with a pair of house door hinges. What is the proper type of hinge and what is used to limit the opening of the hood to prevent undue stress on the hinges?

I just looked at my 102 Kraig a it is set the same as yours
1a_scratchhead.gif

Gonna have to get me a tach.

Nick, I don't have the PTO pulley mounted yet and I don't have a photo of that area... yet.
happy.gif
I'll snap one tonight and post it.

Latest posts

Back