• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 12, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmasheris

displayname
Michael A.Masheris
Charlie what is the length foe a CC-42 blower on a 100 Part # IH 487-043R1

Scott,
The sprocket on the front is what looks like how he rigged some king of lift for the snowblower. The ram is in the way for a normal lift rod. It looks like its a general purpose ram/ made by dayton. I just want to fix it up right.

Mike Masheris.....I'm sending you some pics from PLOW DAY.....Check you Spam folder in case you don't see them......Squirrel

Hello all I'm new to this forum and had a few question. I just purchased an Original built in Dec. 1962 and was wondering if anyone reproduces a mower deck. The deck on this tractor is so clean and rust free it would seem to be a reproduction. In going to restore this tractor and would like any input on the best places to find replacement parts. Thank you Robert

Hey guys. I got picked me up a #1A tiller. The chain seems sloppy. Can it/ should it be adjusted? Is there lube maintenance on the chain? Or should I just forget it and assume everything is ok? Thanks!

ROBERT C. - Welcome to the forum. Congrat's on getting a '62 Cub Cadet. Nobody makes a replacement mower deck for that vintage CC as far as I know. It was only made for maybe three years tops. Maybe the prior owner used the tractor for something besides mowing. Anyhow, Be easier to answer questions if We had pictures. Maybe the prior owner reconditioned the deck before selling tractor & mower.

If You click on the colorful boxes right under the picture of the Cub Cadet that looks like Your tractor those suppliers can get you any part You need to fix up Your new Cub Cadet.

Speaking of those colorful boxes above. i received a nice box today from one of our sponsors.
96904.jpg

I'm having a rough time getting tire chains for my 71, I posted an ad in the wanted section and have come up empty. I saw a set at tsc for the 23x8.50's but I have the 6-12's. Does anyone make new ones?
dunno.gif
If I don't work something out soon I won't be able to get my drive way when it snows.

Todd Thanks! My IH reprint manual does not mention the "vice" method of releasing spring pressure for the pin removal and the reverse for installation. I'll see what happens.

Question: Are the wheel bearings replaceable on the front rims of my 169? I couldn't find anything referencing this in the FAQ section. If they are replaceable how do you remove them?

I dont think that Mr Kirk will be upset by Kohlor parts prices anymore. there is NOTHING cheap under that hood!

Reggie W.
Yes they are replaceable.
Our sponsors carry wheels bearings for all Cubs.
Take a long screw driver and a hammer and tap on the bearing from the inside. Tap a little all around the edge and it will fall out. Flip the wheel over and repeat.
When you put the new ones back in, take a large socket that fits the outer edge of the bearing and tap it in place.

Charlie, my yellow 782 is from the same place. I'll have to take a picture of the sticker.

First (sucessful) plowing today.
clappy.gif

96908.jpg

Not perfect but I'll devote a little more time to set-up next time. Had to hurry to beat the expected rain.
96909.jpg

Will the same snow plow from a wide frame (Quiteline style tractor)attach right onto the spread frame x82 series tractors, too? I have had someone ask me this question and I think it will but I wanted to be sure. Thanks for any help.

JERRY B. - Have You priced or bought ONAN parts lately? The engine oil filter for My 982 costs more than the filter for My POWERSTROKE diesel engine in My pickup from the same dealer. The PSD filter is about 4 to 5 times larger.

Hi GREG. Quietline blade should go right on an X82 series. Lift rod should be close to the same length too.

Latest posts

Back