• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 11, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe this is old info, but I'll bring it up just in case. I got a hydraulic valve for a 149 in the mail today. It was made for IH by Cessna hydraulics which is now part of Eaton-Vickers. The valve (with a slight variation in the casting to accomodate an integral handle) as well as parts for it are still available new. This is good news if you need parts. For me it's good news because I figured out that the triple spool version I've been looking for is available. Gotta call my hydraulics supplier tomorrow for pricing.

Here are links to the catalog and parts book.

http://hydraulics.eaton.com/products/pdfs/E-VLDI-TM002-E.pdf

http://hydraulics.eaton.com/products/pdfs/E-VLMB-TP001-E.pdf

Jerry

Matt S, I think there is a 2 or 3" length diiference between the NF's and the WF's, anyway that was the case with the tiller belt I got. I get your hint, hint; but what tractors do you need yet?

Mike M, down, not "dawn". If it was only usuable at dawn, it wouldnt be useful to many people since they are all still sleeping.
seeee yall tomorow.

i need to know the belt size i need to run a 42" deck on my 149, i hope i can use this deck, its off a narrow frame QA tractor, is there any reason it wouldnt work on a wideframe?

Matt S,
I believe I have an 81" A section on my 149/42 combo... HTH

I know I got a problem when I can`t sleep because I have to get my tractor running. I deiced to get up and get a fire going and run the tractor today. Wow its 5.38 am... later Don T

The Cub Cadet Identification page is down and it hasn't been updated in quite some time (6-7 years). With that in mind I had the same thought as Matt did a few months back. Here's my page:

http://cubcadet.1.forumer.com/index.php?act=idx

I allow registered users to post pictures of their machines and equipment, either using their own photobucket account, or a dedicated photobucket account I provide, or simply by attaching an image in the post. I also want to put model info for every model as I done here: http://cubcadet.1.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=155&st=0&#entry324

Matt has a really nice site also. I been to his site a few times, it's cool.

KENDELL - According to my Webster's NewWorld Dict. here a "Motor" is an "Internal combustion engine that propels a vehicle". But I know what Your're saying.

My suggestions on Your K321, I'd leave out the whole governor, couple piston rings, the keepers on the wrist pin, also drill some lightning holes in the conn. rod. Also if Your 321 is like Mine throw the valve rotators away, lighten the valves up by grinding the stems WAY down under the valve head, open up flow area.

I see where Your going with this engine.... ULTRA high RPM and LOTS of compression. Something with a REAL short fuse!

I'd suggest something like a 1/4" thk steel plate about 6-7 in. in dia. for a flywheel. Something really light. When I swapped flywheels between My K301 in the 129 & my K321 I was amazed how DOGGY the 301 was with the larger flywheel, same weight, just larger dia. The little 321 gains RPM instantly!

When SON & I were racing R/C real hot & heavy, We got taught a BIG lesson one weekend. With a good running 1/8 CID engine in a 1/10 scale 2WD truck We all had WAY more HP than We could put to the ground. We got beat by about two laps in a half hour race by a NOVICE in the class running a steel flywheel instead of Our Lightened alum. flywheel. But NOT getting sideways everywhere wasn't any fun so He switched to the alum. flywheel.

What happened to the Cub ID site, you ask ?? Well, Yahoo bought Geocities way back in the 90's, and in a cost cutting measure wanted to consolidate its user base into one type of operation (Geocities pretty much supplied the same Web Hosting services that Yahoo does). It wants its Geocities users to migrate to Yahoo Web Hosting. There's been notice of this shutdown since April. The person who could still access this site and rescue the files is Jonathon Luckey ....Hey Jonathon - it was pretty good info (hint hint hint..). (He hasn't peeked in on us since 9/1...)

I just got off the phone with my Eaton hydraulics supplier. I can buy the single spool valve used on the 149 new for $77. I'm assuming the 169 would have used the dual-spool version of the same valve which is available for $112. Triple spool version is $188.

I'm curious if these same valves were used up through the 82 series tractors. Anybody got any hydraulic valves laying around to check part numbers on? On my valve, the part number 30931-2C is cast on the back of the valve body just under the name Cessna.

Did any of the factory valves have a float position, like maybe on the 982 for the implement lift?

Jerry

JERRY - No "float" in the valves on a 982. That was built ito the hitch or attachment.

Latest posts

Back