• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 11, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KENDELL - What's so FUNNY?
dunno.gif

I finally got the snow blade to sit level! I had to put about 10 pounds of air in the right rear! It seems like an awful lot, but the whole tractor sets level now. I'm thinking something is twisted somewhere along the line. (my brain perhaps!)

Kraig:
uhoh.gif
It's so much easier to just ask. I think "Poke and Hope" is the expression.
Kendell: What Dennis said.
Scott: Was that right rear running flat? What's the pressure in the left rear?
My seat time this afternoon was on the "Big Tractor" -- Lucy, our 7275.
Building posts and saying nothing. :>}

Hello to All,

I have a 100 and I tried to bring it up on the parts lookup. A bunch of numbers came up but I couldn't make much sense of anything. What do I need to do to get the correct lookup? I might start a restoration this spring. I might also be able to post pics by then.

Thanks to any and all, Wayne

Wayne: When it comes to parts lookup, I have the best luck using Partstree.com. Maybe it's because I'm on dial-up and it comes up faster.

Wayne,

Instead of typing "100" for the model number type "70" instead --- these two cubs were identical except for the engine. Now look down the search results until you see something like "70, 100, 70/100" -- click on that one. Hope this helps.

Wayne the 70 and 100 are together on the same parts lookup. Change the search to begins with and search on the model 70.

Frank, the right rear was fine, mostly. The left is at less than 10 pounds all together. I'm wondering what could be out of whack on it. I swear everything looked straight and true. I even tore the whole blade, a-frame, everything down. I measured from the QA pins to the floor and they were even on both sides. I'm beginning to wonder if the frame of tractor isnt twisted a little, which I dont see how. It was only ever used to mow with till I got the snow blade last year and it sat that way then too. I'm out of ideas other than tearing the whole thing down to the frame just to look, but where I would think I would notice if the frame was bent it "appears" to be fine. Still scratching my noggin!!

Thanks Kraig now I know I'm not miss anything. but where does #3
in the second drawing go. and where does #6 in the first drawing go
it seems to be a tight fit.
1a_scratchhead.gif
help.gif

well scott (this makes sence to me but that aint saying much) since you have a lift point on one side and the majority of the weight of the blade is on the other side wouldnt the flex of everything from the sub frame to the blade account for your lack of level? just a thought,

ok this is for the rest of you i need to know the belt size i need to run a 42" deck on my 149, i hope i can use this deck, its off a narrow frame QA tractor, is there any reason it wouldnt work on a wideframe?

Matt: Good point! We've been talking about this since last winter!
Wouldn't it be funny if Scott didn't have his lift assembly set to go down all the way? (insert bad rabbit).

Dennis:
Nope, I didn't take the bait..... even on the second cast.
wedgie.gif
BTW - when I'm rebuilding the 149's engine (motor's are electric..) I'm gonna see what else I can leave out - so far, I've decided to leave out one of the rod bolts, all the gaskets, shave the throw weights off the crank (model T's ran with now counterweights on their cranks), all of the exterior tin, head gasket (we'll make sure the head is flat) , intake valve spring....not done yet - I think I can use a crank to start it and just charge the battery every night, so there goes the S/G and regulator...hmmmm..... still looking.

Frank:
"Poke and Hope"....got that right - but you know when you're using a phone to surf with it's tough to actually go to the parts site......
clappy.gif

Matt I see your point but would it be that far off?
Frank, the lift assembly IS set to go all the way down!
181081.jpg

The floor of the shed is level, I checked that too! And I didnt mention it all summer long! LOL

Scott...When you lift it just a tad, is that side still higher ?

If it is there is an easy fix, although quite technical and involved....put the side that touches, on a 4x4 then jump up and down on the other...
lol.gif

works every time...
by the way, nice tunes
thumbsup.gif

what happened to the identification page in the FaQ. it seems to be dawn. It was a great sit.

i think your talking about the cub cadet identification page, its been down for close to a month now, ive been working on my own for some time but need more people to send me pics of the different model tractors! (hint hint)
check it out www.exedown.us

Brendan, its always that way! You check out the myspace page? Thanks! I should get my 250 pound friend over here to jump on it for me! I will give it a shot! Got a show in PA Saturday!

Frank, Steve, and David- I got it using the 70 model number.

Thanks for your time, Wayne

Scott...Ya, my blade is pretty sloppy so I don't have any problems with it but the A-frame was bent up pretty good once before then straightened. It still does have a little twist in it but that's where the "sloppy" comes into play, keeps the cutting edge flush to the ground.

I added ya last night, was listening to your music today. Probably check it out some more tonight after I relax my back some.....

Latest posts

Back