• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 10, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CHARLIE - I got a #70 at home in the shop that looks like It has the SAME PTO mess as Your 70/100 You posted.... except My 70 has a bigger chunk of the grill casting missing. ;-(
TERRY B. - My Folks use X-mas lights sponsored by Case/IH of old Farmall M's.... I hope they see these new lights.... I'm thinking "Night Lights" for the shop.... go along with My Elwood FWA Clock...;-)

Looks like tomorrow might be a fun day here!
THE MOST FAVORABLE AREA FOR
SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL CURRENTLY APPEARS TO LIE ALONG AND NORTH OF A
LINE FROM ROCHESTER MINNESOTA TO BLACK RIVER FALLS WISCONSIN.
SNOWFALL TOTALS OF 4 TO 8 INCHES WILL BE POSSIBLE IN THIS AREA...
}

Charlie, I hope it tracks a bit farther North. I got the windbreaker cab mounted on my #2 125 last night. Tonight I'll be changing the oil, mounting the QA42 and installing tire chains. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. :eek:)

Charlie & Kraig,
You can keep the snow up there. I am still waiting for parts for the gearbox on my QA42A. When that is repaired, it will be on the 1650 along with the enclosed windbreaker. The 106 & 109 have thier blades, chains, and weights on them. All 3 tractors got thier oil changed last Saturday.

Steve B. When my now ex and I got the 1810 (new and only about a month old) we had starter trouble. Dealer picked it up and when they brought it back they had put a new start on it. I asked what was wrong with the old one. They said nothing but to be safe they installed a new one. Well, not quite three days later I went in the dealership and happened to notice a starter sitting on their Cub parts shelf. It was the one from the 1810. I recognized the markings on it. I asked the guy in the shop about it that worked on the tractor. He said that he just grabbed a new one and gave the old one to the parts guys. (It was sticking and not working for us.) It worked for them (I guess). I pity the poor person that actually bought that bad starter. Glad that I only have the old starter/generator Cubs.

Charlie P. Just heard the forecast. YIKES for you and Travis. We were hoping the weather stayed good a couple of more weeks for the people in Woodward and Stratford areas after the Saturday evening tornadoes.

Well the weather is cooling down here now, in the high 70 and 80's. That means we can have our tractor shows again. I went to one yesterday and took my grandson.

I've noticed more and more Cub Cadets showing up at the shows, and I thought I had got every one in Arizona. Actually I don't know if you count these as they are all Narrow Frames.

32261.jpg

When my 4 year old grandson and I were walking through the rows of tractors he spied this one and said (Grandpa this is a really really old tractor). I asked him how can you tell? He said "cause they have to wind it up".

32262.jpg

RICHARD - The REALLY GOOD Cub Cadets are the Slanty-front Grill kind like three of the four You posted a pic of....Narrow Frame of course. I spent just a bit over 12 hours on My little old 72 pulling the lawn vac Friday afternoon.... 1 PM Friday till 1 AM Sat. AM. Pretty good load for a K-241 with over 1300 hours on it. Tractor, plus the vac, plus the cart, plus 500-700# of leaves & clippings in the cart. Gross weight has to be around 2000 pounds. Cubbie never missed a lick! I really need to get some more HP bolted into that 72.

Steve B.- The next time the 782 acts up, call me and I'll come and haul it away for you.
wink.gif

I am ready to do the decal thing on my latest 149. The last decals I bought faded after about two years. What is the best material for decals? and where can I get them?

i

Does anyone have a picture of how the motor mounts on a 1250 go together? Mine was a mess when I got it (bolts and rubber parts missing). I'm guessing that the rubber motor mounts go between the frame and those two bars, which are then bolted directly to the motor. CCSpecialties has two parts "Engine mounts" and "Engine Snubbers". Mine didn't have the "Snubbers" and I wonder where they would go.
happy.gif

Thanks!

Thanks Charlie,

So, it looks like I need four motor mounts and two snubbers? I think I will do that mod as well. Two of the bolts into my oil pan had stripped right out. That extra chunk of metal should help reduce the stress on the new threads a little bit.

Are those rubber washers I see on the bolts going into the oil pan in one of those pictures?

Brent R:

The motor mount rail modifications that Charlie referenced to, is recommended.

Here is what the original rubber mounts looked like:
32285.jpg

Here is what the new Iso Mount Kit consists of:
32286.jpg

New member here. I have had a Cub Cadet 1250 for three years. For three years I have dealt with the creeping hydro issue. I bought another riding mower (JD STX38) to replace the Cub this summer but held onto the Cub. I found 2 quarts of gas in the engine block of the JD Last week. Put a battery in the Cub and some fuel, fired right up and did the yard. So, now I am going to fix and sell the JD. Meanwhile, I need to fix this hydro issue on the Cub. Three questions for you long time Cub guys. 1. Is there anyone in the St. Louis area that can coach/help me fix the hydro issue? 2. Can I buy a Cub 1200 on Ebay that is missing it's motor and drop my 1250 motor in it? Will I have linkage issues? I could use my 1250 for parts. 3. Can I buy cleated tractor style tires for it for winter? I have chains, but they do a number on my sloped driveway.

Yes, #14 in the FAQ's to go please! That is the problem I am trying to fix. I don't weld and I am nervous about having anyone with out a little exerience with this hydro linkage trying to weld if for me.

Dave S.

There will be no hauling away, I love the 782, it's just currently being a bit of a problem child and I needed a good venting!!!!!!
happy.gif

Paul,

In all honesty, the welding isn't complicated and it's certainly within the skills of any good local shop. Take the hydro off, take it to the shop with the the FAQ sketch showing the dimensions of the slot and tell them you need the slot repaired. A couple quick shots with the MIG and 10-15 min. with a file and it's all over but the reassembly.

Back