• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 10, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard,

Exactly what I used....that's what is pi$$ing me off......do it right with the right stuff and end up with the same problem I would have had if I would have used WD-40 (yuck).

I have a different starter sitting here, might pull the engine far enough to swap it out (different bendix, etc...maybe there is a problem somewhere internally on the bendix that I missed before).

Steve, my 18 Mag is doing the same thing. I have cleaned and lubed and charged to no avail. Today I drug home the old ratty 102. It will get a chained and weighted tomorrow. The 102 runs about once every two months to move stuff around Dad's old hog house. Today it turned over about two revolutions and fired. A little fresh gas and some MMO and he was good to go. The 1282 with the Mag is going to the yard barn for the winter. Or it may get parted. I'm that frustrated.

Don't part the 1282 Glen. Bring it to Plow Day at Travis' next spring. I'm sure we'll find a good home for it there. Why, I'll even consider taking that problem child off your hands at no charge to you.
biggrin.gif

Good Cub day here in central Mi. Nice day to be outside (mid 60's). Tilled the garden with 125 and put it in the shed for the winter with the 72. Then did a few small items to the 122 to ready it for snow removal. Also worked on a friends 147. I am transfering helper spring, rear lift and tiller gearbox from a parts 147. And lastly I pulled out an old belly blade that I think came from a simplicity and layed an old CC mower frame on it to get an idea of how to combine them. Seeing the pix posted a few weeks ago got me excited about finally working on fabricating my belly blade. Back to the helper spring. Do I detach it from the bottom of the tractor first? I have'nt looked at it real close but it has tension on it. Any tips? Thanks
32243.jpg

32244.jpg

Paul- Take off the tension on the spring and then remove it however you wish. Here's another time where a wideframe is easier to get at.
happy.gif

It's been a good Cub weekend in Northern Illinois, too. I cut some dead limbs out of three trees in the back, then pulled out the pumpkin, zucchini, and tomato vines and mowed what was left of the garden with the 125. I got the leaves blown out of the nooks and crannies on the patio, the shed/garage/trailer, and firewood rack/fence/resting 124 and moved them onto the garden. Mowed the yard with the 125 with the sweeper attached and piled all that in the garden, too. Had about 6-8" average leaf blanket over the garden and tilled them all in with the 147. Patted the 125 on the hood when I put it in the back of the shed for winter. Hopefully today (after Sue and I finish some errands) the tiller will come off the 147 and the snowblade and tire chains will go on, and I can find a good head and carb to rebuild for the 109/129.

Bob N & Roland: Points with burned, corroded or oxidized face surfaces will give you a no spark condition!! Step one is always (<u>always</u>) clean the point faces with a points file or replace if burned bad. Then check the plug (especially if its a Champion). The simplest cures or most often the problem....
Myron B

If all goes well, I will be able to get my hands on the 1250 with the factory ported hydro. The guy wants a gear drive instead of the hydro. He does not like hydro's. I just happen to have a spare 1200 that he wants to trade even for.

Actually two for one...He also has a 100 that he is throwing in on the deal. Engine is bad..but he has owned it since shortly after it was new...kept it in barn when not using it...

Cleaned out my garage...boy can one accumulate a lot of cub parts in 8 years...I could fill a semi easily....The cleaning job has taken two weeks off and on...bought a bunch of shelving from a local parts store that went out of business...now have over 100 shelves full of cub stuff...still some on the floor and out back and down at the farm...now if I only had time to do some restoration work on all the waiting project tractors...I can find my parts now.

Frank M. -

Funny you should post - we rolled into St. Louis at 1:30am on Saturday and got home last night about the same time. Sorry I had no time to stop 'n' chat, we did all our biz on the MO side, except for the Waffle House in Collinsville.

Thanks Dave S. I'm not familiar with the helper springs, but I believe the spring is in the down position now (tension).The 147 has the electric lift and I have to do a little work to the engine before I start the tractor and can operate the lift. I have to get the tractor going anyway, so I guess I'll do that next.

I decided to "save big money" today. My wife wanted to browse the Christmas tree isle. As I was being dragged through the display a little emblem caught my eye. I figured these little gems were a must have for our Christmas decorations. My wife pointed out that they could also double as RV awning lights, so we can enjoy them all seasons!
thumbsup_old.gif

32251.jpg

32252.jpg

Turns out they are not allowed around the kitchen door. So I had to take them down for now.
thumbdown.gif

32253.jpg

Does any one know if there is such a thing as a 982d. I know there's a 782d.If there is such a thing I found one!!! I like some pic!

on the orignals,i have a 62,how high up do you fill with oil in the oil bath air cleaner?i have the outer cup it doesn't have any markings on it,the other part that sits in the outer cup,i'll call it the inner cup,it has slits in the bottom of it ,the inner cup has a raised vertical line on it,is this the line for the oil level?this line is higher than the slits,does the air actually pass through the oil?i measured that line i'm talking about its about 1 1/2 inches up from the bottom of the outer cup.thanks

Jochua "F",
IH never made a 982"Diesel". If you found one, it's gotta' be a home made one.

Anyone have a diagram or picture or whatever of how to put a mechanical clutch back together. It is the type like is pictured below except it is in much better shape. Talking about the PTO clutch on a 124.
Thanks, Tim H.

Jochua, I know of someone on the forum that will have a 982D by next summer, if his plans go right. Keep checking back for more details.

Jeff M.

On the bottom container of the air filter there is a raised horizontal ridge as shown in this diagram.

32258.jpg

hope this helps.

Jochua,

Mark Plotz showed me some pics of a nice 982D that he made out of a 982 and a Kubota diesel out of a 782 when I talked with him at the National Toy Show. He did a great job of recreating an 88 series grill/headlights for the "big tractor" look!!!

The only production tractor that would even come close to being a 982D would be some of the later MTD built SGT Diesels, they are essentially "982D's" in form and function.

Got the $%^& $%^&^&#$ 782 started last night (little/long screw driver, brake cleaner with extension tube, compressed air, lots of luck) and at least got it to the garage where I can begin the in-depth surgery. I think this starter is gonna get swapped for one of my spares....and the spare that goes on in it's place is going to have the entire Bendix drive disassembled and rebuilt/replaced/whatever.........this "start for 6 months, then act up" BS is gonna stop!!!!!

Back