• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 10, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible to mount a snow blower for a NF on a WF. What is needed to do this. The particular blower I have in mind has been mounted and used on a QA NF.

Thanks to all for the all of the discussion on decks. I recently purchased a couple mule drives. I'll pick the best one and level my deck as best as possible and see if I can get a better cut.

After all that I've read here it looks as if I'll be investing in some MMO just to have it on hand. With all of the projects I've got going on its looks as though it may invaluable. I've even heard of people filling to the top a stuck aircooled VW engine, letting it sit a couple days, breaking it loose a few revolutions with big wrench, draining the oil, and then starting it up. They said it smoked a little at first but then ran fine after that.

Chuck J -

A QA-42A, QA-36A or QA-36B snowthrower is designed to mount to either a narrow or wide frame. I'm sure Kraig will fill in with pics as to how this is accomplished.

Bryan?
Thanks for fixing the side-by-side picture post. Much easier to read now.

Chuck J., here are some photos of QAxx and QAxxA snowthrower subframes.

32291.jpg

First up is a QAxx subframe this only fits narrow frame Cub Cadets.

32292.jpg

Above is a side view of the QAxx snowthrower.

32293.jpg

Next we have a QAxxA subframe this is adjustable so it will fit a narrow frame or a wide frame. (Please note that the second "A" in QAxxA does not stand for adjustable it is more likely revision A as there was also a QAxxB version.)

32294.jpg

Above is a side view of the QAxxA snowthrower, not the top links, a QAxx snowthrower does not have these.

The difference between a QAxxA and a QAxxB is the lower portion of the subframe is longer and the top links are curved.

I decided the "Keeper of the photos" needed a new camera. This is the one I got. Now I have to figure out how to use it. :eek:)

Sony DSC-H1

Charlie, I've long been able to make videos like that, it's just that so far, I haven't made any like it. :eek:)

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on November 15, 2005)

Kraig,
I guess I should have clarified that statement a little better, The movie mode button on those things are a little goofy on the time settings making it a little difficult once and a while if you really don't pay close attention to them.
biggrin.gif

Kraig -

Cool!

<font size="-2">...although for obvious reasons I'm on the "boycott Sony" bandwagon...</font>

Bryan, yeah I know, however I already had my mind set on this camera and my older digital camera was a Sony and the video camera I use is a Sony so I decided to stay with Sony. FWIW, I have not bought a Sony music CD in the last 10 years and don't intend to.

Robb, feel free to subsidize away. I have a 1GB memory stick for it but I really could use a 2GB memory stick. ;o)

Hey, since we're talking about snowblowers, here's a couple of questions from a newbie:

Which snowblower was designed to mount to my 1450? I am going to look at a QA42 this weekend, but now I'm confused by the photos posted by "the keeper of the photos". They show a QA42 like the one I'm looking at mounted to a manual CUB, so will it mount to a wide-frame hydro?

Is the parallelogram-link QA42A a significant design improvement over the non-parallelogram-link QA42? When the QA-42 is "lifted", does it lift in an arc(because there is no upper "link"), as opposed to the QA42A lifting more or less vertically?

At the very least, I'd like to know which snowblower is compatable with my 1450, and if there's more than one, what the design differences are.

KRAIG - After Owning it for about 22 years I NOW realize my snow blower is a QA-36A, with some serious revisions by the PO. And NO CHARLIE..... I haven't installed the new pulley yet.... But MAYBE tonight. I did drag the mounting bracket/gearbox out Sunday aft. and hunted up the pulleys & setscrews. I hope I have some keystock left, if not I know I have keys avail.

Denny, :eek:)

Ted B., you'll need a QAxxA or a QAxxB to mount to your wide frame 1450. As far as gear drive vs hydro that makes no difference which snowthrower is mounted. There are both narrow frame and wide frame hydros and narrow and wide frame gear drives.

Under edit: Yes the QAxx does lift in an arc.

Dennis,
You better get busy, it's sleeting here. The snow is not far behind.
I've got the snow crew ready and waiting.
32299.jpg

For some of this!
32300.jpg

Charlie, I'm ready. Last night I got the oil changed in my #1 125 and got the QA42 mounted and the tire chains installed, it's fueled up, greased and ready to roll!

Thanks, guys, saved me an hour drive this Saturday to look at a snowblower that won't fit!

So that's it in a nutshell; my 1450 requires a QAxxA or B blower?

Plan B: What about a plow blade? I see that blades are are more commonly referred to as "wide frame" or "NF", so is there a model # I need to look out for?

I'm getting nervous, 'cause snow is only a matter of time...

After just getting this, I'm looking forward to playing with the cab!
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AFTER MIDNIGHT...NORTHWEST WINDS OF 20 TO 30 MPH...GUSTING TO 40 MPH...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

explotar2jr.gif

I hate that archive bug....

Back