• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 10, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim, is there one of those brackets on each side or just the one on the right side?

No holes in fenders, but I'm not sure they are original to the tractor. This was a freebie found with please take sign.

Tim, I'm not sure but I'll guess that they are either for most likely a cab or less likely a loader. I'll keep looking through my photos and other resources for them. Here is a photo of a Cozy Cab mounted onto a Quiet line (nearly the same frame as on your 128) Note the area where the brackets are on your 128.
13762.jpg

I am also a vet, thanks to all who have served and are serving now. It was a unique experience that is impossible to completely describe.
USN 1954-1958 (tin can sailor)

A little help. I am interested in putting a blade on my Original. Will a blade and the hardware from a Model 73 fit.

Thanks,

Todd

Todd, this should answer your query. you'll just have to drill some mounting holes in the front of the Original's frame.
13764.jpg

Wyatt,

Do you really believe those numbers????? How many 1100+# cub cadets have been out in the field having a hard time pulling a single bottom?????

I wasn't making a point about the AMOUNT of draft, but rather the way the draft is HITCHED. On-land, 2 12" bottoms would require the tractor to be hitched +/-15" from the edge of the furrow.....it would be all you could do to drive a rig like that straight enough to keep the tires from falling in. Offseting the line of pull would cause problems with plow bottom operation.

The 2 bottoms is probably doable in 10/12", but not pullable, and a single on-land is way out of shape.

Not to seem ignorant, but what about a two bottom 6" plow??
I saw what you mean about clearance when I had my Lo-boy. It was a 12" single bottom, with about 20" of clearance, where as the 10" Brinly has about 12" of clearance. The 6" plows would be even less, but that could be fixed.

But from a traction and power stand point I thought that you need about 1 horse power per inch of plow.

Please correct me here....

Steve-
I did diverge a little from the "trash clearing plow" discussion which I guess did muck things up a little.

So far I agree with the numbers 100%, BUT I do agree with the line of draft. As I see it, to have a proper line of draft to be able to pull on land you'd need at least 3 bottoms, and for practical purposes you'd want to be plowing at least 6" deep . . . . which in the end would dictate that you'd probably need 12" bottoms and there's NO WAY a Cub's going to work with a good on-land hitch, if it could the operator would need to try to will the tractor out of the furrow using so much power just to keep the tractor clawing out of hte furrow.

I guess the conclusion would be that a Cub is too small and not powerfull enough to pull an on-land hitch . . . so I think we do agree.

FWIW, here's my PD7 setup, numbers look reasonable for what I was doing.
13766.jpg

<font size="-2">ignore the ballast numbers, I screwed up my spreadsheet by adding in a colum of numbers . . . I got excited because I just got a call from Cabella's about being on staff for design, from tractors to engines to outdoor stuff . . . . might be a good step</font>

(Message edited by wcompton on November 11, 2003)

Wyatt
Like your paint job on your plow.

Allow me to think out loud: I notice on 710 plow the connection going to the coulter is ONLY on the land side. If you change the angle by 5-10 degrees on the plate that goes to the coulter it will help with trash problem. I don't know the correct name for it-(not a engineer). Looks like a good winter project.

A little trick my father and I have done is use a rounded head pin. We insert pin from the bottom and make sure the head is against the bottom of the plow hitch.

I plow with a 149 and a 10 inch plow. my plow depth is usally 4-6 inches deep.

I got a better idea for PD's, How bout we just get all the guys with MOTTS, Pecos, TracVacs and rear baggers to go first and clean all that stuff up so we could just have some plowin fun, grin

Charlie - The PD Host or Donor Farmer want's that "Stuff" under the ground We're turning over. Plus, What would We do with it after We got it all picked up? Week ago I sucked-up 7 loads into My cart measuring 32" x 3 ft X 4 ft, leaves, grass, etc. and You can't even tell where I had gone now.

Charlie-
Great idea!
We need some type of machine that would go over the ground and chip everything up really fine. Hmm...What would do that?
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

thumbsup.gif

(Message edited by aaytay on November 11, 2003)

sounds like your tryin to reinvent this plow
thing!!
look guys it was simple to take the coulter off
and go plow!!!!!!!!
ifin its to much trash for ya, just load it back up and GO HOME!!!!!
boy do i feel better...

Back