• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 10, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Bryan-
Did he specify the timeframe these prototype images were from. I'd assume they were mid-60's based upon the fact that the grill/hood is all white which didn't start until the 1X8/9 series a few years later.

Art -

I posted his e-mail in its entirety.

That said, the rear fenders look like the wide frame fenders we all know, so I'd guess you're probably right on the 1x7 era.

And yes, I replied to him saying the top pic reminded me of a late 1960's 'stang...
wink.gif

The hood decal is very close if not the same as the one on the 72, 1x4/5 series. White seat with blue edgeing similar to the 72, 1x4/5 series.

Tim-
Those brackets tell you that your picture is too large to post. <font size="-2">(He, he, he)</font>

Seriously, email them to me if you need them resized.

(Message edited by aaytay on November 10, 2003)

Hi guys, I'm starting my dished coulter project for my 12" Brinly plow and weather permiting plan to test it out in a soybean stubble field yet this month. Thanks to ideas from Steve B. & others. I'll start coverage on this project in the WFM repair & restoration forum topics. I'll post a link here when I get time to get it started over there. I want to be able to easily install or remove the attachment without changing the plow.
13720.jpg

Here's the parts I'm starting with on this project.
13721.jpg

Mike - Great tires & wheels.

Bryan - Thanks for the pics. Too bad the fellow doesn't want to play with us.

John - If I understand this correctly, the dished coulter cuts and throws the trash away from the leading edge of the moldboard so it doesn't get hung with part on each side. Keep us up to date on the project.
CJM

Gov:
Nice pics from Keith Burnham. Who is he? Is this guy for real, i.e., he's not someone making this up? I suppose this is a cheeky question, but I ask because stylistically speaking, the decals and the grill/headlight design seem "beyond" the Original's design. The design of the Original is necessarily antecedent to those that are conceived in the pictures. Also, the cab looks alot like the Curtiss cab that was invented in 1968. If you think I'm all wet here, I'll back off real quick.

Ray L. -

Notice that he said the drawings were "second generation"...

See your e-mail...

Charlie -

Geez, look at all them goofy angles - like they couldn't make up their mind
roflol.gif

Bryan/Digger:

O.K.

Have re-read the statement accompanying the pics and I publically retract my question. In my haste I glossed over the clause containing "second generation". I apologize for this oversight.

That said, I'm happy to see that the design team replaced the proposed grill with the famous slant grill.

Well, in keeping with the whole "hell hath frozen over" I guess it was time to reveal I'm the new owner of a 440 Cyclone. What can I say . . . . it was free (and I wanted a sled again).
<ducking for cover from the wrath of the IH gods>

Bryan-
Way cool!

Charles McCarty... Yes, That's the idea! Hope it will work with the Brinly!
rofl.gif
<< Rolling trash!
Here's the link to my project.
http://www.weekendfreedommachines.org/discus/messages/17/33139.html?1068493843
It's raining here now, so I guess I'll work on it some today. I was going out to my gardens and plow with my NAA Golden Jubilee & middle buster plow to form the ridges for next year's sweetcorn. We got 7 inches of rain a week ago and it was finally drying enough so I could plow. Oh well, maybe tomorrow!
happy.gif

(Message edited by jlang on November 10, 2003)

OH, and FWIW I checked with the green dealer on my trip through Waukon today to see if by chance there was a wave or notch coulter, the #15 uses a 13" coulter, but nothing but the standard coulter was available, checked the next size up @ 15" and still no luck.

. . . . . . but I do see now that Deere's putting their name on Hitachi power tools . . . . I suppose that was easy since Hitachi's putting Deere engines in excavators.

Wyatt, The blade I picked up today measures 11.375" in diameter. I need to make a template to cut the notches. Working on the template today. I'm thinking about half circles cut maybe about 2 inches apart . Got to see what it will look like. The guy wanted me to take both of the 2 colters like this he had. I kind of wish I had taken the 2nd one. I don't think he would have charged me much more for the 2nd one. Usually they used them in pairs.

John-
I assume you got worn cover discs for a anhydrous application rig?

Wyatt, I'm not sure, but I think they are hilling disks for an IH cultivator. The mounting bracket is from an IH mounting brackeet that I had.
13728.jpg

Here's my prototype design for notches in full scale. Does this look about right to you guys?

Latest posts

Back