• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 10, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

That said, I'm happy to see that the design team replaced the proposed grill with the famous slant grill<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
Some people STILL don't get it....
roflol.gif

<font size="-2">just havin' fun with ya Ray..</font>

I think I'm gonna "one-up" all you guys doing the "notched coulter" thing and mount a hydraulic motor connected to a circular saw blade to my Brinly. Now that's my idea of rolling trash!
<font size="+2">Arrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!</font>
happy.gif
buttrock.gif
happy.gif

John-
Notches I'm familiar with seem to be spaced about as much as the width of the cut.

All-
I've finally got a working digital camera (POS Vivicam10, don't buy one!). Here's the plow I painted recently. IH decals from The Depot to boot!

13730.jpg

13731.jpg

It took me about 5 different tries but I finally "saw" a Mustang grill in those pics. Not 69 or 70 tho', more like 65,66 .... Those are some interesting pics. It was great that he shared'em with us.

Mike

ps, love the map Bryan, thanks a lot!

Art,

In 1975-78 my uncle had a green machine (JD) prototype bean planter for second crop no till soybeans on which the JD engineers had mounted chain driven circular saw blades(or something similar) to cut a slot in the ground for the seed to go in. When he fired that thing up it was plain scary. I think it was 10-15 feet wide, must have had 20-30 "saw blades" whirring at a zillion rpms and buzzing like hornets!! Needless to say it was /b{way too complex} a machine to be reliable in field conditions. It broke chains and through stuff everywhere!

(Message edited by cmccarty on November 10, 2003)

John,
Its just a feeling based on old memories, but the notches don't seem deep enough or close enough together. Hard to tell.
cjm

John:
The notches are too small and too far apart. They need to be the same size as the ouside part, gust a mirror image of each other.

Someone mentioned cutting with plasma cutter. Will that have any effect on the temper and thus the ability of the coulter to hold an edge?

Concave coulters, throwing trash infront of the board, past the shin area.

13733.jpg

13734.jpg

Notched coulter:

13736.jpg

Also notice the huge trash clearance area built into IH 700 series plows!!!! Brinly didn't design in 1/10th the clearance that IH did!!!!!

Yetter style no-till planter attachments.....

13738.jpg

I have a problem with my 123 that has me stumped.
When I try to start it the dipstick keeps jumping out and the piston stops everytime it reached top of stroke. unable to get motor to turn over fast enough to start. However it will turn over with the spark plug out.
Any ideas on what could be causeing this ?

Wyatt, Your plow looks really neat! I like that color scheme! I saw a model of the Little Genius plow at the show in dyersville!

I'll post some photos of my coulter attached in the forum link I posted below. I can post larger jpg's over there.

A snippet from another e-mail from Mr. Burnham:
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I owned a 1964 1/2 Mustang at the time, small wonder.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>Guess that answers that
lol.gif

Bryan,

When will Mr. Burnham get top state posting???I can't wait to hear and see more of what he has to teach us.

Thank you for the plow lessons gentemen. Keep it coming.

No Cub time other than the 1.5 hours it took to tune up Stinky, man what a PITA, but the results are worth it, and sweeping the lawn. Had to tare up the downstairs bathroom to find the leak in the foundation.
sad.gif
Kind of puts a crimp in the Cub budget.

Lonnie,
I had the same problem with my 129 after I rebuilt the engine in that it would have trouble turning over top center. It would be OK in the summer but still started hard. I finally put a new compression release spring on the cam and the problem was solved. Now she spins over with no problem and starts a lot better. The oil dipstick problem could just be a worn seal on the dipstick. Purchase a new oil dipstick and see if that cures it.

Bryan:

Nice pics!!! Although I am an unashamed "slant grille" fan, I have to admit that I like the "mustang" styling. I especially like the dash console treatment with the upward slant, it looks more like a big tractor dash that way.

Be sure to thank Mr. Burnham for sharing this with us, it's great to see this kind of info.

OK I took a brake from the bathroom down stairs to do some reserch.
From what I was reading it looks like the best temp for the Hydro discharge oil is around 105 F. That being mid point between 30 and 180 the "Normal" operation range, with the extreams being 220 and -30 F. Now just to figure out how to monitor the discharge temp......

Looking for a post or answer on the procedure for filling tires with fluid. You help is always appreciated...........JIM

Latest posts

Back