• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 09, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kehrecke

displayname
Keith Ehrecke
22790.jpg

Here's the 1811 roller that Mr. Plow dropped off Saturday night. It's the next recipient of the V-twin.

I want to Thank all who put in there time to keep this site going. I know I don't post much,but do check in as ofen as possible. Great job. Reguards John Norcross

Wow, what a surprise! Nice changes. I'm sure it will take some to get used to it, but it makes more sense than lumping everything together. Thanks to all involved.

Keith is lucky he actually got that 1811....when I saw how nice of a roller it was, I just about kept right on flying down Hwy 61!!! (I figured if I timed it right I could slip some cash out the truck window and let the breeze waft it over to his house as payment.....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

KEVIN.... Everybody always bad-mouth's SCHUMMY because He's so dominate in the #1 red car.... But He's been largely responsible for building the Team.... Him and Jean Todd. Plus He's a great driver. In 20-30 years We'll be able to tell people "We Saw the Best F-1 driver there ever was when He was in His Prime! KEITH - You going to drop one of JULIAN's V-twins in that 1811? Should make it mow pretty good!

Mike M.
The Brinly spring assist I am interested in is similar to the IH one. The Brinly is installed on the right side of the tractor and the spring is connected to the link that goes to the rear 3 point casting. I would like the dimensions of the brackets that are at each end. Or, if someone has the brackets for sale I may be interested.
22796.jpg

Keith, nice 1811, Have you decided on a model name for it after it gets the V-twin?

GREAT NEW LOOK, MODERATORS!!!! Much needed. I really like the new "Machine Shop" section.

To keep it on topic. I am getting ready to tear into my k301 in my 125, can't wait to see what let loose.

Hope all is well with all of you.

J

Got my new seals and found some time last night to put my 1450 hydro back together.

22802.jpg

Grabbed some tools.

22803.jpg

Added some spare parts.

22804.jpg

And here is where we start this morning.

22805.jpg

Got to love these Hydros.

Richard C-
The two plugs on either side of the inlet on the bottom of the front housing (where the filter and charge pump mount), what passage do they go into? I'm tempted to put my temp sender in one of those.

Okay, the test worked, I guess I goofed before.
So I'm now the proud owner of a Cub Cadet 72 with a broken rod. Got a new/rebuilt K161 lined up and a welder ready to fix up the deck as soon as I pull and prep it, things are lookin good.
So what, other than cut grass, can I do with this thing? I've looked at some plow day pics, one of them has what I think is an original plowing. If an original can do it my 72 can too right? I've also looked at all the other cool Brinley hitch equipment like the box blade that would be super handy for maintaining the road to my camp.
Am I out of my head? Should I just forget it and stick to cutting grass and doing road work by hand?
Thanks

Cap'n Kirk -

That's not the forum, that's Charlie
lol.gif

Seriously, thanks. And yes, we're still headed your way this weekend.

CURT R. - Check Your K-161 to make sure if it's really a K-161 or a K-181. Most of those old tractors, especially the low HP ones have been repowered at least once in their lives. If the engine runs O-k you should be able to plow in 1st, maybe even 2nd. gear. Your 72 has a faster second gear that some of the other tractors and that makes it handly for light jobs but a little lacking for GRUNT sometimes. Most of the time I mow with Mine in low gear.... and I have a K-241 10 HP in it. Buy up all the options.... I ran a 36" snow blower for several years with a K-181 in mine.

Dennis,
Its a K161 I've read everything I can find about 'em and knew to look. It doesn't run at all right now but a rebuilt engine will replace it. Figure I'll have to do something for weight before I can do any real work with it. Fluid filled tires worth the effort or should I just put on weights?

Wyatt
I've never pulled those plugs, but from picture #3 you can see the back and it looks like they go directly into the bladder for the forward and reverse fluid to the motor. I wonder if they may be used when this hydro is used for other purposes. Should be okay to use for a sensor as long as you don't restrict any flow.

Richard-
That's what I was thinking they were, part of the motor-pump circuit. I think that's where I'll be putting my sender, though the readings will read higher than what average system temp is, it's the place where the best "early warning" temperatures will be taken.

FWIW I found a Stewart Warner gauge made just for Balkamp that bears the closest characteristics with the IH ammeter I could find, don't remember what the range was. Murphy's law came into effect and found it to also be the most expensive gauge, $70. Only trick now will be working together a shield that'll protect the sending wire, shoudln't be too bad in the area it's in.

Looks like for now, I'll be buttoning up the hydro without fixing anything and just using as-is until I can line up all the parts I'll be needing. Good thing Type F's cheap
happy.gif

Wyatt,

I would post this over in the proper section but I don't see a "POST" button.

The admins have put your June contribution over in the "IH Cub Cadet's larger relatives" section. I have a question about 806's. The diesel 806 in the ad and the gas 806 in the parade have their batteries on opposite sides. My SIL's gas 806 is like the one in the parade (only not as pretty). Is the diesel picture flipped or is that the way the diesel actually is?

JimE

Latest posts

Back