• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 09, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I have to say is thank goodness that Cub's don't need titles!!!! The dang state of Illinois is killing me with all the run around. Do the bigger tractors have titles?????

Hey guys, I was trying to pull the steering wheel off of my 1250 tonight and I cracked it. Am I missing something on how to pull it. It is frozen on the shaft I think. Are there any tricks to this?
poof.gif
I have to get it all the way apart and try to do some painting this weekend. Oh, and I tried to use a puller and I boogered up the threads on the end of the steering shaft. I should have come here first.
stupid.gif
Paul

(Message edited by pbrouillette on November 10, 2004)

Paul B,
First spray the bejeezes out of it with PB Blaster or Kroil and let it set for a day or two, then go to your local hardware store or check one of the sponsors above and buy 5/8" fine thread nut and bolt about 3 to 4 inches long, remove steering wheel nut and place new nut on covering about half of the threads on steering shaft, screw the bolt down inside the nut so it's tight, sit on the tractor seat with a hammer, place your knees under the outer part of the wheel and push up against the wheel with yer knees and hit the head of the bolt squarely, may take a few blows to get the wheel to move. Don't place the new nut tight against the wheel leave a little room (a few threads 2to3 ). It will come off!
Or you can use the nut and a 5/16" carriage bolt inside the nut with the nut screwed down on the shaft with one or two threads showing and do the same basic thing.

(Message edited by cproctor on November 10, 2004)

That deck went for <font size="+2">$430.00!</font> Boy is that guy going to be pissed when he trys to get it on his "106-108-122". Ain't going to work, it's for a 82 series.

Tedd,

Nope, no titles on ag equipment.

Allright, I'm sure this has been asked, but since the mower deck subject came up... can a WF deck be retrofitted back to a NF tractor? I've always wondered if I could rig up a 44 inch deck on a 127. It looks like it could be done, but I've never had both decks handy to make measurements on. Also, can new deck pans still be pruchased through CC for the NF (non-cast end)} decks? -Bri

Brian,

John Lang has a 44" deck on his blue 123. You will definately need the "hump back" sub frame to make it work.

FINALLY!

Just got fenders and battery installed in Loader-Mutt... figured out an solution to my electrical dilemma, and took Loader-Mutt out for a very short shakedown... and have come to the following conclusions:

Full hydraulic steering ROCKS!

Loaders ROCK!

Treadle control of S/R ROCKS!

--OEM drag-link ball joints BLOW...

...like... all over the floor.

Fortunately, I've got materials for a super-duty tie-rod sitting on the shelf, so tomorrow I'll build it up, slap it on, do a once-over on all fasteners, and take it over to bully that pile of cedar chips a few doors down!

Yeee-haaa!

Charlie any idea how old the IH fridge is cause mine dosn't look anything like yours

505 is now complete less the rear gauge wheels on the deck. So far as I know the is oldest production cub found.
22933.jpg

(Message edited by kmcgiver on November 11, 2004)

With a subfame and a double pulley for a 106 etc that 38" deck will fit just fine.

I did about 85% of it back in the mid 90's. The first time I saw it, it had a sizeable hole in the deck, the engine was in a bucket in pieces, some complete moron had put an automotive size battery in it and it looked like it had sat in stagnant water about two feet deep with all the algae that was on it and all the water in the trans. That ole yeller one was baaaaad.

McGiver.....Are you sure the mulcher plate on the deck is yellow?? On # 522 here at C&G its white AND.....its not been used (still bolted in the "storage" position).

Like many parts such as the belt guards on that particular unit I have seen them both colors and it not appear that they had been repainted. I do honestly believe that it depended on the day of the week and supervisor on duty lol. I am certain IH had a print depicting the correct color, hmm that makes me think, I gotta now do some digging to find out.
Thanks Ken now I can't sleep till I find out. lol

Ken, Mac, I have the one from Bryan's Original, it's yellow.
22942.jpg

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on November 11, 2004)

I see the archive bug is still with us........

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on November 11, 2004)

Latest posts

Back