• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 08, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrschmitt

displayname
Ron R. Schmitt
Yikes! The weather guessers are talking snow today here in Kansas. I was still planning to mow once more before digging out the front blade and mounting it on the 149. Still waiting for the garden to dry out as well so I can plow it.

Ron:
I am in MN and I am planning to mow my lawn one more time (to get rid of leaves) before I mount the snow blower. Warm weather is still coming
elamott

Ron and Earl - on the East Coast I was always pretty safe to wait until Thanksgiving before making the swap. In fact, it was kinda a Black Friday ritual for me and my neighbor to swap things over. You guys in the mid-west need to be prepared sooner. Sounds to me like a good excuse to go out and get more Cubs.
biggrin.gif

Kraig, I got the filter from a Case-IH dealer near here, they have been in business since the 1930`s, so I am sure I got a genuine Cub Cadet filter. I don't want to modify the loader brackets, will go to the shop today and do some measuring. Thank you for the response, if anyone has had experience with the kwik way loader please jump in.

Lyle, I'm thinking that the Kwik Way model you have may not be for a Cub Cadet. Kwik Way made loaders to fit various brands of garden tractors so yours might have been designed to fit something other than a Cub Cadet. Or it is for a different model Cub Cadet.
dunno.gif
Is there a model number plate on the loader frame?

Had our first dusting of snow last night in NE Ohio. Ugh.

Lucky I mowed last weekend. Still have plenty of neighbors leaves to pick up as they blow in. That goes on up through December.

I hoped to get the 127 back running before too much cold weather.

Ok what must I do to post a picture from my phone? I go thru the steps and it says download complete and a close button appears. I hit it and nothing happens.

Since it is still OTF I though I would post this, although it is still an IH
I added this Scout to my collection a couple of months ago. Had the 782 out doing yard work last Saturday and took a picture of them together.
It is a 1980 Scout II, one of 35 built the very last day of Scout production. Has a turbo diesel in it and a 4 speed.
I bought it off the original owner who has very serious health issues and is basically getting things in order while he can. Not the idea way to be able to buy something.
323566.jpg

David G that’s an EFFing awesome scout....what diesel did they put in the scout Il , I had no idea they even had a diesel variant

Nissan straight 6.
The diesel was available from 76 to the end in 1980. Only 1980 were turboed.

Kraig, there are no model #s on the frame, only a silver tag that says kwik way on it. All the bolt holes on the frame are drilled perfectly for a cub narrow frame, this one is a 125, I ended up taking that bracket off and notching out a little so the filter would clear, come to think of it, the PO said he had it on a 124 since new. No worries about the filter there. Thanks for the info, Kraig. I was at a auction a couple months ago and bought a 106 with tiller, mower deck, creeper and factory hydraulic lift, auctioneer said it did not run, that brings up a whole score of possibilities. For the first time in my life I got a deal, hauled it home, put gas and a battery in and she cracked right off, no smoke, runs real nice. Thanks.

Thanks Digger, and Happy Veterans day to you and
The whole Cub Cadet nation

First; Thanks to all our Veterans.

This afternoon I replaced the battery in the 169. The first one was 2 years old and wouldn't hold the charge. Later I tried to start it and it was back to it's "old self". Crank up to speed and once the compression release lets go the cylinder fires off and brings rpm to zero.

But today I noticed the exhaust was very black and thick. SO I gave both needle valves a 1/4 turn in for giggles.

Waited 15 to 20 minutes and tried starting it again. This time it still had the black exhaust but not as bad and she fired up. I'll try it again in a couple days and see what happens.

Very cool Scout David. My first truck was a '72 1210 2wd pickup. It was a beat to death ex-township road truck, but I did like it.

On to Cub stuff: I did get the K301 on the bench and started assembling it. Got the crank and camshaft/valves in it. As I was started on getting rings on the piston.........I snapped the 2nd compression ring!! UGH! Now I have to order another set of rings and file fit one out of the pack. Geez-o-pete. Well after 30 yrs I guess I'm allowed to break one ring?

I did find that the camshaft is quite a chinese puzzle getting it slipped into position. I had a few choice words, then suddenly it fell in place? Ya, that's how it goes.

I had to pull the end plate off once to add a couple more gaskets to shim the bearing correctly(I put new crank bearings in it). I was thinking it might turn into a real disaster, but in all it wasn't bad for my first time. The real advantage is the fact the block sits on the bench and you can flip it around effortlessly. Unlike everything else I work with.

323607.jpg

Larry: You can flip it around until you put the connecting rod in! That dipper is fragile! Glad you're enjoying your rebuild.
happy.gif

Ya, that little piece of aluminum can be a real heart breaker.

Lost my first 100 a long time ago due to it falling off while mowing the yard. Suddenly the motor started slowing down, more and more, I quickly headed for the garage. Just barely made it when it locked up tight. Didn't hurt the crank, through a new rod in and ran it more, though not as much as it was a bit loose and had a knock. When your 16, you don't exactly just have hundreds of dollars to throw at a beat up old tractor.

After last week's snow, I put the blade on the tractor to try and ward off more snow.....wouldn't you know it, it starts snowing an hour later.....that's not how this works!

Latest posts

Back