• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 08, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don T., on the picture of that neat front loader it seems to have a hose from the muffler end(?). If really so, does it go warm up some part of the Cub ??

Allen Schumacher

After the loader was installed the exhaust blew right on a cylinder hose conector, so off to the local muffler shop and had some pipe bent to take the exhaust back under the rear end. It did change the way it sounds now.I got more Cubs than I have time to rebuild,but it keeps me out of trouble
lol.gif
old.gif

Come now Frank A C just one more picture .
215970.jpg

I won`t post the rest lol.
beerchug.gif

Would it be possible/feasible to wire a CC to run with brake lights and a trailer hook-up? Ive been thinking about towing a small trailer in our Parade of Lights this Chirstmas

Don T.-

Do you have the seat springs on that 147(?) backwards for a reason? If I'm viewling the pic wrong then my mistake. I've tried that and got the brains beat out of my head. That may be one of the causes of your bad back too. I changed mine immediately and it really makes a difference.

Nice looking herd you have. I'm going tomorrow to Va. to get yet another 129. I guess I have a soft spot for the 1x9s. It's actually one of those deals that's hard to pass up.

I've been ranting and raving over a mech pto removal today. As usual, two sets of set screws come out easily and the third set is still soaking. I can't get it to budge but haven't stripped anything yet. The pto worked fine but the bearing started making a very loud noise.

I'll post a pic or two of the 129 tomorrow if things go well on the trip. It has a front blade, chains, and a three point but the future po sold the deck. It also has the undercarriage and mule drive to go with it.

CLARK - Yes, you'd need some sort of momentary contact switch for the brake lights, either something from a car, truck, or motorcycle. Plenty of linkages under the frame to work the switch. Flat four connector should be enough for all the lights if it's a small trailer. Maybe want to run a flasher on a set of amber rear lights. Some states frown on flashing red lights, not sure how Texas or your city/town is. Plenty of 12V power from the battery, might want to run the engine at fast idle for a few minutes with lights OFF before shutting the engine off.

With a little creativity anything is possible.

Wayne Shytle

There are springs there and they are mounted backwards , another po mod with the plastic seat. I was going to put a proper seat on it but that seat won`t crack and go to pieces like my seem to.PO welded the springs fast and I just have not go around to repairing that issue. I have install new tires and a wiring harness so far and do plan to pull the 14K and see if it still has the balance gears. so I don`t use it too much in hopes it does not blow up .The 147 will get a paint and refurd some day if I ever get my O and loader finished. I do like the my 129 and sometimes wish the loader was not installed or could be easily removed .
old.gif

Dennis Frisk
I have the spring switch here for the foot brake off a motorcycle and it has two wires on a flat plug. That would be real easy to us for brake lights because the spring can be stretched and return to normal for long brake rod travel.
thumbsup_old.gif

hey guys been a while since i posted, don i see the pic of your O there and was wondering if u ever got the paint done on it, being as i havent been checking everyday i may have missed it

Latest posts

Back