Archive through November 07, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Charlie, won't the plug slide through? At least you didn't wind the cord up like Kendell.
clappy.gif

Charlie,

My driveway aint quite that flat, but close.

I will also agree that turfs with chains are better than ags with chains. And ags with chains are much better than ags alone. I tried throwing snow one year with just ags. Half way done with the driveway and I stopped and put the chains on. It was like night and day. Also my 106 with 48" front blade and turfs with chains will push more snow before spinning out than my 109 with 42" front blade and ags with chains, and the 109 has more weight on it. But it is easier to just pull that little lever with one finger to lift the blade rather than that long armstrong lift on the 106. Man I need to get hydraulic lift on the 106.

Art I can't believe they gave you heck for putting your AG tires on backwards, and they didn't even know what direction you were going.

Richard-
What they didn't know is that I had flipped the carrier around in the rear-end, so it just looked like the tires were on backward.
asthanos.gif

LOL!
beer2.gif

Thanks for all the recommendations guys. I think I'll just get a set of chains. Was hopping I could just kill two birds with one stone and get the ag tires since I kinda want em anyway for the garden and some of the uneven terrain in the yard the turfs slip on. But I cant afford much right now (got a house on the market...) so I'll use the turfs I got now and get some chains. I did some looking online and I can get a set at tractor supply for $50 at http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10551_10001_48381_-1______?rFlag=true&cFlag=1 is there any better deals to be had I havent found yet?

Ok, I had to slap a pic of my 106 thats ready for winter as well! I got my chains from my uncle that came on one of his old Cubs when he bought it new sometime in the 70's. They are in good shape for the age but they always had a plow truck too.
96651.jpg

Always wandered just what that crauler would pull. The gearing must be a lot of fun. You know, there are a lot of newer folks that have never seen it. If it is half as good as the pictures it is a shame there couldnt be a lot more of them. Would be neat to see a set of plows behind it. I have seen a LOT of plowing with the TD-6, d-4-6 cat craulers Hard to beat on a sidehill.

I'm wondering about 1250/1650 compatability. Are a few, some or most parts interchangeable between a 1250 and 1650? Found a nice condition 1250 that I might want for a second tractor or for parts

Eric

ERIC -I've never had a Quiet Line tractor but from looking at parts books & service manuals and knowing IHC like I do I bet everything on the tractor interchanges from a 1250 to 1650. I think there were some option differences, like maybe frt and rr tire sizes, hyd. lift was std on 1650 but an option on 1250. Only engine parts should differ, the 1650 will have a different but interchangable block, head, carb, etc. than the 1250. The 16 HP Kohler has ten head bolts or studs, and the 12 HP like the 10 & 14 HP only has nine. But even with the big blower housing & flywheel the 12 & 16 Hp both bolt up the same in either tractor. And all the bolt-on stuff attaches the same to either engine like the carb, starter, PTO clutch, etc.

ART - You could use the excuse Dad used many years ago when He mounted the duals on His tractor backwards, "That's so I have more traction to back out of mudholes!" It was real wet that spring and either Dad or I stuck the tractor in a wet spot every day it seemed. Discing fall plowed ground was the worst, Once You started slipping the rear tires the slightest amount, the front end of the tractor would head straight into the middle of the wet spot. You had two choices, hit the hyd. and raise the disc and keep on going and hope You make it across, or hit the clutch and stop and raise the disc and find out Your already stuck but still somewhat close to solid ground to get pulled out backwards. Neither one ever seemed to work real well.

Ohhhh another place to check for chains, ATV shop. I bought chains for My 23-8.50 X 12's a year or two ago that were for a 24" - 8.00 X 10 ATV tire, they were used but in pretty fair shape. Cross bars every other link which is important, and I paid $30-$40 for the pair.
The hardest thing to find anymore is replacement crossbar chains. I've got a few left but My VERY old chains for My 6-12 tires are wearing VERY thin. I'm about to have to start splicing crossbar chains.

Denny-
happy.gif

Anyone-
Could someone post the measurements on where to put the headlight switch for a 100? I know that it goes on the LEFT side of the pedestal, but some measurements would be great.

I looked through "the manuals" and found nothing.

Thanks!
wink.gif

hello i was wondering if any one fills there tires with fluids for extra weightand if so how is it done and what kind of liquid is used?

Morning all. Have to find a place to store a tractor till i can get it moved my way. its in Mason City. have to see what shipping will be. I will be thinning the heard shortly if i can make this work. later Don T (782D)
thumbsup_old.gif

Latest posts

Back