• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 30, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry's here!! - Checking the weather map for the current temp in He**.... Good to see one of the Originals back - stick around , Harry, it's still fun..
clappy.gif

My 129's always had a solid pin, and I've only had to weld up the slots in the cup twice in 25 years... I just refaced the pin with a little bead last week when I did the cork gasket replacement.

Marty and Ken -- I tried flipping the ratchet and still no change. Either way the flat portion of the lower end of the lift arm gets bound up on one of the ratchet teeth -- this is slight, but it restricting the movement of the arm. Nothing appears to be bent, and everything worked before it was disassembled. It seems there should be a bit more space between the arm and the ratchet to prevent this bind from occuring...

I been helping Steve S, the problem is that 9 doesn't space 8 out far enough for the vertical portion of the lift handle. I thought at first that the handle we had must be bent so we tried anouther handle, same thing. All the part numbers are the same for this 123 and his 100/70, so it isn't a matter of getting parts mixed up. I think we're going to try a couple washers between 9 and the frame.
I get that it makes a difference if these parts are north and south but that doesnt change how far out from the frame 9 spaces 8.

Exactly right Dave. I tried flipping 8 and 9 several times now and the problem persists. Not sure why -- everything worked fine before the disassembly.

Alright you guys , If it worked before you took it a part it has to work when you put it back... That'll teach ya to take something a part that's working
whistling.gif

There must have been some shim washers in there that you forgot about or didn't notice when you took it off. But then again it shouldn't have needed washers in the first place.

Dennis - You know that this Harry fella isn't going to come in here and harrass me 'cause I'll dig up the old skeletons !
191451.jpg

I'd like to say THANK YOU to ALL the Armed Forces , past , present , future for their services and sacrifices and to their families.
My Mother was handed a Purple Heart and a folded flag in 1972 , I know what the families go through.

191454.jpg

Latest posts

Back