Archive through May 29, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan H.-

I have used a place called Starline in the past. They are very good. If you don't have a Rockford phone book I can look up the number for you.

Dan Hess....look here for a quick description of the S/G. You will see that you can read an almost short when you read between A and F.
http://www.simpletractors.com/service/electrics/starter-generator.htm
Also, go to the top of this page and click on FAQ's...then click on the additional FAQ's on the top of that page...then check out #47 & 47A.
Could be a broken wire somewhere, nothing new on the old Cub wire harnesses. Let us know more later on...people here to help.

Hi all,
got a question about my 1450 14hp, can i start that motor with a starter generator and wireing harness out of a narrow frame? i dont need the PTO just a running motor, will this work.

122 cub- twice this season the clutch is frozen to the flywheel. wont disengage. I can do the whole yard in 2nd but can only stop by yanking her out of gear. When I cut a couple of weeks ago (before a whole week of rain) she was fine. Would a small drop of oil on the pins (3 or 4 of them, dont remember)help or would I need lubrication down at the shaft? I know I dont want to contaminate the clutch surface. Teaser spring is not broken. Rather not open her up more than I have to. Thanks in advance! Dave

David, when you park the 122 do you lock brake/clutch pedal in the depressed position? If you do so, it will hold the clutch plate apart and thus prevent it from rusting together.

Hi guys.I have been lurking for a few years.I just wanted to say that this is a great site and there seems to be a great bunch of people here. I just wanted to share my latest find with someone other than my ten year old son that would appreciate it.This is my best find to date because they were both given to me (FREE),don't know if I am supposed to say that!
225802.jpg

Daniel, WELCOME!
WELCOME.gif
Very nice find! It's hard to beat free.
greenthumb.gif

Daniel,

Great find! You WILL NOT have anything like those given away in this area. Most people think they are made of gold around here!

Hi everyone. I'm a new member and a new owner of a CC 149. It came with a snowthrower which I'm removing and a mower deck and lift frame which I'm rehabing before I mount it on the machine. The mower deck has an ID # 441 U1111. I think it's a 48 or 50" deck.

I've got a question on the mower deck lift frame, more specifically about the pulleys on it that guide the V-belt between the clutch pulley and the mower drive pulley. The side to side shaft that holds the two pulleys on my lift frame is bent, and I'll either straighten or replace it. Question - should the two pulleys end up straight front to back, or should they be toed in or out (or one in, one out, etc)? Also, the pulley hangers are bent, but possibly this is the way they're built to provide some angle to the pulleys? Before I start to straighten anything I want to know whats normal. The repair manual doesn't really show that area clearly, so I'm hoping someone with the same setup can describe how it should look. Thank you in advance.

Latest posts

Back