• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 28, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbusch

displayname
Chris Busch
I forgot to ask my other question, what rattle-can color that is the color of a 122's hood?

Tom H - At first glance, it looks a swarm of cicadas out your front windshield.

Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day. I got to use the CC100 this weekend and wanted to show you all the best mowing tractor that I've ever had. It may look a little rough but it runs great and has been a work horse for me. There are plans in the works to clean it up and get some fresh paint on it. Thought you'd all like to see the beginings of a work in progress.
58806.jpg

58807.jpg

Added another Original to the herd. Friend called from an auction barn this morning to tell me that there was a cub on the block. I had him describe it. Figured out it must be an original.
Went to the auction and made it in time to buy a nearly perfect Original that is a one owner, 100% garaged with rear pto. The seat looks like brand new. Nearly no rust except where the battery apparently leaked once. Runs perfect and according to original owner, it has never been rebuilt. Front tires are not weathered and appear to be the originals. 100% complete and best original I have seen for sale around here.
Brought it home and mowed the yard after checking the fluids, All look like brand new. Gas tank is as clean as new.
I do have one question for original guru's. Was the pto painted the same color as the tractor? If it is unpainted, was it an add on?

Kraig:
Do you have pictures of the ATTACHMENT CATALOG that has "WORKS LIKE 60!" on the front in white letters. Numbers on back cover are AD-1504-U9 and 7-26. If you don't let me know and I will send you a set of scans of the book. I have never seen this one. List over 60 attachments and shows them on a 124.

Awesome job on the 100 Matt, my favorite style of Cub w/o a doubt, getting ready to strip down my CCO, evidently the previous owner who's grandfather bought it new had to re-power with a black 8hp and does not have the original motor is it possible to purchase the oil bath or are they impossible to find?

JasonC- The guys at the top of the page could probably help with the oilbath air cleaner. I know Chris W. has several listed, used. The parts look-up still has them listed new, but you gotta look under the K161 to find them. Don't know if there are differences between the two engines that would cause conversion problems.

Frank M: The Original came with only the 38-in square timed deck as an option which did not use a PTO. Does yours have the 3-blade 38-inch deck with a PTO?? If so, you have one with the 1963 or later dealer installed conversion kit. When the Model 70/100s were introduced, the first models to have PTO's available, Kits were available to install the 3-blade deck to the Originals or the square timed decks to the model 70/100 depending on what was available in dealer or depot stocks.

Jason C: The 8hp block is the same as the 7hp block. There is no conflict in installing the oilbath air cleaner OE to the 7hp versions. It will bolt right up. Just make sure you get that little throttle wire bracket that goes with the oilbath cleaner.

Myron B

Hi Matt...Could be...but that would have been dealer installed as well and, if the dealer used one in stock, it could easily have been the red Cub variety.

Myron B

RICHARD C. - I saw Your post a couple pages back about Dave Kirk's point saver ignition. I agree 100% that's it's a good investment for performance and sevicability! I installed one on the K321 I test fired for the first time last FRIDAY Night....Tractor popped right off after sitting in pieces for 6 months. I think the Points Saver had something to do with that! BOY what a BEAST of an engine following MANY of the suggestions Dave puts in His KILLER KOHLER write-ups. I had Dave balance the engine and it was well worth it! It vibrates WAY LESS than the K241 that was in the tractor. But talk about POWER. It's a small flywheel K321 and the engine RPM definetly follows the throttle. We tied the 72 to Dad's old '51 FARMALL M. 7000# tractor holding back a 800# Cubbie and the 72 would accelerate to the governor in a heart-beat. No hesitation at all! And that's with both Firestone 23-8.50's spinning in 2nd with 70# of weights per each rear wheel on bare dry concrete. I've got the two 8-1/2" wide black marks on the driveway to prove that! This is a "MOW Tractor" not a puller. It's built with the idea of running this way for hours on end.

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO SERVED!
thumbsup.gif

Frank, yes I have it. Thank you for thinking of me.
happy.gif

58812.jpg

Denny, Oooooo, i like what you said about your K321. David K. is doing a Killer Kohler rebuild of a K301 for me, should be done soon. I better get to work on some prep work to my #1 125 chassis for it, weld up the trunion slot, fresh filter and Hy-Tran. It won't get a repaint just yet, I have to finish the Original refurbish first but my #2 125 is getting sooooo very tired and needs a rest. The PTO gave out on it yesterday, slips big time. It might just need a readjustment but I have a feeling it's due for a rebuild.

Mike T., nice job on the Original! I like BOTH repainted tractor and those left original, there's something to be said about both. Bringing one back from rusty faded beat up condition is quite an accomplishment. I think my favorites are the Cubs that have been fairly well taken care of that have original slightly faded paint with a few scratches but are still in use, IMO it's a shame to repaint the Cubs like these. My main work tractor is a beater 125 aka "#2 125", but I like it this way, it will likely never get a cosmetic refurbishing but it will get a rebuilt K301 at some point. Well, OK, I might give the hood a fresh coat of flat black primer.
happy.gif

58814.jpg

58815.jpg

Just got these photos from Denny.

Denny, we need more details!!!!

58827.jpg

58828.jpg

58829.jpg

THANK-YOU KRAIG!
thumbsup.gif
Son & I test fired this engine Friday night. The spec. tag says it's a K-241....but it's really a small flywheel K321. Stock Kohler .010" O/S piston & rings. Forged Kohler rod, with one of Dave Kirk's balance jobs on the rotating assembly, This engine runs smoother than the K241 I took out of this tractor! K361 cam, carb is stock...Notice Dave's Points Saver ignition & His Blue Bosch coil. The engine fired & ran on about the third or fourth revolution without priming the carb, just a bit of choke.
The engine starts very easily, the ACR must be working! Idles smooth, runs smooth, no smoke...doesn't seem to run too hot anywhere...and pulls like a RAPED APE! Sunday afternoon We hooked the 72 up to Dad's old FARMALL M to try to load this engine down some for break-in. I've got two black marks 8-1/2" wide and almost 100 ft long across my dry concrete driveway where Son hit the brakes on His 7000# tractor and stopped Me...I idled the 72 down some...He released His brakes and when I nailed the throttle still spinning BOTH rear wheels on the concrete in 2nd gear the RPM's just SNAPPED right up against the governor instantly.
The fuel system (THANKS SON!
wink.gif
) is all home-made. Son TIGGED the tank...14 ga. steel...the next one would be aluminum. SUMMIT Racing was the source for the breather/roll-over vent & flush fill cap...capacity is supposed to be 2-7/8 gal. Fuel fittings are all Anodized aluminum & 3/8" #6 braided stainless steel lines. It's a little over-kill but I like it like that.
The tank, and all the blower housing parts & covers are all gloss black powder coated. There were only a couple places where I painted anything on the block, and of course the starter/generator. It had been yellow on the old engine but We like it black better.

Not sure how long the straight pipe will stay on....BUT it sure brings a SMILE to My face when it fires up! Ohhhhh.... This IS a "MOW" tractor, not a puller, or restoration. Other than to use up a few new or used parts that had been sitting around the shop for the last three to five years it was just to get more HP to pull my yard vac.
deadat30.gif

NOW WYATT - Get YOUR'S FINISHED!

Hey Guy's,
Just bought an IH Cub Cadet 107?? I wanted to know some info on the tractor,ie: Year built how to get a Manual,and some info on hydro trannies and so on.Any info u could give me would be appreciated! Don

Welcome to the forum Donald!! Regarding your questions, please refer to the FAQ above, right next to the forum rules.

Don, here is a link to a serial number listing where you can tell when your 107 was built. The list has the beginning SN for the month of production. What info on hydro transmissions are you looking for? For manuals click on the Binder Books link at the top of the page.

Latest posts

Back