• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 25, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbusch

displayname
Terry Busch
Christopher,
NAPA in Northfield has a machine shop. The guy has been doing block work for over 20 years. He does good work.

Don T. and Shawn Hoff: CC Specialties sells those upgrade hydraulic lift parts in the Hydraulic, Electric, Manual Lift section. They're for the Quietlines. Sorry, Don. Just got the internet back after 24 hours with no phone.
bash.gif

I have a 102 that will not turn over, I think it might be the safety switch that the brake/clutch presses for starting. Can I put a jumper between those contacts start the tractor?

I have a deck from a 1541cc and thought it would fit right under my 1200ihcc. Nope. I have changed the center piece on the carriage to fit the narrower/off center front of the mower deck but the pulley on the deck hits the rear crossbar before where the deck pin holes are, I have now seen the pulley is farther rear than an ihcc deck. Can I make it work or is this a waste of time? I have the mule drive/under carriage from the 1541, and most of the 1541, I will do the steering swap one of these days, maybe when the clutch finally goes....
Any help will be much appreciated

I found it, but what I need is the front pto clutch diagram and how it goes together, for a 109 i have a pressure disk that I have no idea how to even attach it to the pto. also is there a keyway needed. Thanks

Wow Frank no confuser lol.I did it the 147 runs, strted right up. I will ceck the charge and get the lights to work in the am. i`am bushed . later Don T
Thanks Guys
152253.jpg

Brian:
FAQ 7 and FAQ 38 cover everything I ever needed to know about mechanical PTOs. Actually all I ever had to go by was the instructions that came in the rebuild kit, but that was before this forum was born..

I looked at them I do not see anything on how the pto brake disk attaches to anything. It is round with three legs on it and a hole in the middle.

Brian:
Your tractor probably didn't have the PTO brake on it - IHC implemented that feature during the 1x8/9 model run..
If you go to the parts lookup you'll see a serial number break like this:
152259.jpg

The parts blowup before SN481999 looks like this:
152260.jpg

And after that SN:
152261.jpg

Thanks yes it had it part 13 in the list is what fell off when one of the pto bolts fell off. I just do not know how to attach that part what does it bolt to it doesnt just float in between does it not sure if it woud stay.

Brian Shepherd,
it doesnt just float in between does it
Yes.

By Kendell Ide (Kide) on Monday, May 25, 2009 - 04:20 pm:
Brian:
FAQ 7 and FAQ 38 cover everything I ever needed to know about mechanical PTOs. Actually all I ever had to go by was the instructions that came in the rebuild kit, but that was before this forum was born..

Go to FAQ#7 When you see pg 2-73 that is where amoung other things... is the adjustment.
rtfm2.gif

Well, Brian, we'll try once more...
152267.jpg

152268.jpg

152269.jpg

There are several source for the service manuals (like the sponsors at the top of the page), They're a real help when your starting..
thumbsup.gif

Earl Ford,

I just went through doing what you are trying to do. I have a CC 46 inch deck and I put it on my 682. I have a spare hanger so I started cutting one of them to make the deck work. The first problem was the crossbar at the rear so I took my 4 1/2 grinder and cut the welds so I could make a trial fit.

The next problem was the belt track from the mule pulleys to the rear pulley. I could sight back from the mule drive and could see that the belt needed to go right through where the 2 arms are that slide into the slotted hangers at the front of the deck (the arms on the upper part of the hanger..the part that has the picklefork). I tried to get some pictures of this but they did not turn out and I was in a hurry to get at fixing it. I also tried to locate a hanger from a CC cub but no luck so I look at one on a local 1540 and decided I would stick with the IH hanger because it was so much beefier.

My previous deck was a 50C and it tended to wear the belt by rubbing on the left-side hanger so I had always run that deck with the left slotted hanger removed. In this case the arm that engages the the left hanger and it's brace was also in the way so I cut the entire left hand arm and brace away. This pic shows where:

152273.jpg

I also unbolted the left-side slotted hanger fitting from the deck itself. So when the hanger was back together the only arm that goes into the slotted fitting in the deck is the right one and the entire area in between the mule pulleys and the rear drive pulley on the deck was absolutely clear. I call this stuff the straight-shot hanger mod.

I made a trial pass at the lawn and found that the rear spring-loaded attachment pins tended to drop out. So I took the pin assemblies out and ran 1/2 inch bolts with self-locking nuts through the attachment holes to let me continue testing. Next I found the deck drive pulley was riding too close to the left-hand hanger and was rubbing on the hanger so I simply moved the arms over on the other side of the brackets on the deck. This afternoon I mowed my entire yard (about 1/2 acre) and am convinced this deck is so much better than the 50C by such a large amount that I will never go back.

I intend to keep making changes like welding the rear cross-brace back on so the it clears the pulley from behind, to make some bends in the left-side arm so I can restore the spring pins to use, and to restore the left slotted hanger to use by moving it out of the way with an adapter plate.

I hope to get some pictures when I have more time to put more work into it. Maybe this will make more sense then.

JimE

Does anyone have pictures of mower decks and necessary attachments for a 1450? I got a cub cadet mower deck for cheap, I want to know if it will work. I did not have a chance to take pictures of it yet. thanks for anyone's help.

OK, Don T.:
73, 106, 107, 126, 127 & 147 Wiring Diagram

152276.jpg

And another Thanks to Roland
bouncy.gif

Question for the wideframe experts. The left and right hand deck lifts on my 1650 seems to be out of alignment. The left side does not go as far down as the right hand side? Are they keyed together with a spirol pin that is possibly sheared?

Rob,

Bingo!!!

Pull the center cover and look at where the lift arms attach to the rockshaft, there should be a 3/16" spirol in each arm.

Steve and Rob:
The parts lookup sez they're 5/16 x 2 (Part number 715-3009)...

Latest posts

Back