• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 22, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<font color="119911">Spring cleaning!</font>

I just purged the user rolls - anyone that hasn't logged into their account in the last 365 days (according to the Discus software) is now history.

If there's a bug in Discus that might've caused me to blow away a current user, just re-register. "it" happens
wink.gif

Folks I have a dump question.

The snap ring that holds the brake "plate" on my PTO has disolved into small peices and some dust so I need to buy another one. I'm not sure how you "spec" a snap ring, but does anyone one know the specs on this particular one that will let me buy another one.

Thanks, any help appreciated.

James, that snap ring should be part number IH-204502-R1.

Kraig - Thanks for the quick response on the snap ring.

All - Now for another question. I'm rebuilding a 44" deck. Thankfully the bearings are fine, but they've been sitting out in the weather for 10 years. Can I just pump the bearings full of new grease? Is there any worries about putting in too much grease? How do I know how much is too much.

782D starter removal: I'm stuck! I removed the two bolts that attach to/through the ears of the starter. The nose piece seems to be free of the flywheel. The bottom ear will not clear the engine mounting bracket(s). Help needed, please!! Thanks.

Just read this in a listing on greedbay, LOL

Yall (we say that here) are probably mostly girls and yall can probably sympath ah ah ah, feel sorry for me. Today ain't been a good day in Hannah's life. You see I live in a house with 4 men who are all very smart in the following things: Working on cars, working on lawnmowers, building things, fixing toilets, and anything that somebody other than me wants them to do. You see at my house there ain't nobody to do the following things: work on cars, work on lawnmowers, build things, fix toilets or anything else I want them to do.

So after (in one day now) blowing up one old piece of junk Cub Cadet lawnmower, running another piece of junk Cub Cadet lawnmower out of gas at the furtherest place from the house and walking back to get the gas and then only to find out the thing will not start, and then getting a push mower to cut several acres of grass and I have to cut around the lawnmowers that have died in the yard previously because no one will move them. Then only to catch the pushmower on fire and get fussed at for not telling somebody that there was something wrong with it. Yet we have cub cadets that the four men have completely restored in the barn wrapped up in my good bed sheets. I guess there is a purpose for men but evidently not at my house.

Roundup is a wonderful thing and I can write messages in the yard - I have become that good.

Has anyone had any problems with PTO on 1450. Have always had manual PTO this electric seems to work ok when mowing one time then next time it will lug tractor down and have a big draw on amp meter any ideas what I need to look for or at.

James, if it were me I'd give each of those spindles 3 pumps from a grease gun and call it good. But that's me. Other's here may have a different opinion on it.

<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

James, when I quoted you a part number for the clip I assumed it was for your 149 with a mechanical PTO with the brake is that the Cub Cadet you were asking about at the time? On the 1450's electric PTO make sure the air gap is set correctly per the manual at 0.060-0.090" if the PTO clutch is painted black if it's unpainted the gap is permanently set. Also per the manual it could be a failing field coil or a poor ground to the field coil.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on May 23, 2006)

Kraig - I think you're getting your James confused. I have a 149 looks like there is another James iwth a 1450.

Snap ring for a 149 is what I needed.

James, ummm, the latest one,
happy.gif
, right you are, I am confused today.
dizzy.gif

Charlie,
I do happen to have good eye/foot coordination.
The problem I have is the clutch pedal is on the wrong side of my cubs.
roflol.gif

Or like my dad used to say, " your blind in one eye and can't see out of the other"

Well I am blind in the left eye, and some days I have trouble seeing with my right eye, something to do with being bloodshot, not enought
beerchug.gif
, that or just plain not enough sleep.
Got to get my 6 hours cub fix in each day you know.

The K301 in my #2 125 has been smoking (oil vapor???) out the breather more noticeably lately. Is this the result of sticking rings causing pressurizing of the crankcase? It doesn't burn oil or blow smoke out the exhaust and it still has plently of power. Is this a sign that I'll have to rebuild it soon? FWIW I use MMO in every tank of fuel per the ratio on the MMO bottle.

I'm thinking of giving Yamaha "Ring-Free" a try to see if it helps.

Back