• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 22, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David G,
It will handle it just fine as long as the grass isn't a foot tall and your not racing the neighbor on his JD!
biggrin.gif

I need some help with my 50 in mower deck on my 1650.
someone sandblasted the ID tag before repainting and
the only numbers that can be read is the stamped SN
22788*. the deck looks like the one on cc specialties website. What model deck is this, and does anyone sell replacement tags. Thanks

Another question doe anyone have a picture of the decals and ID tag for the 50 inch decks? I can see a circle decal with a 50 on my deck. The decal is buried under the old paint job. I want to restore the tractor this winter and researching what I am missing to complete it. Thanks

Question on aluminum clutch discs-
How well do they stand up to non-pulling use, as in plowing, maybe some occasional putzing around in the garden or with a blade? I can get one cut out of 6061 sheet and want to know the pro's and con's.

Thanks Charlie,
Here is what my deck looks like.

35711.jpg

35712.jpg

large tag with unknown decal to the right
35713.jpg

50 Decal

Wyatt,
I had one in my 102, thought it would be nice to have the extra grip for yard work.
Found it to be way to herky-jerky for anything that required a lot of clutch work, of feness of the clutch. Just way to grabby, the other problem I had was keeping the front tires on the ground, seem every time I would let the clutch out I would pop a wheely.

bash.gif
hey guys,
just got the 1200 back together after a lengthy engine overhaul(.010 overbore, new bearings,gaskets,ect)i decided that she was ready because of the quart of oil that was used per tank of gas and the loss of power.
the old girl runs great but has some issues at initial start up. for about the first 1/4 acre of mowing, i have very little power and the engine rpms drop but as i keep going, it slowly comes back to full power and runs like a champ(this is why i thought i needed a rebuild in the first place)ive check all my pulleys and belts and all spin free but the performance seems to be most noticable when the pto is engaged and the blades are spinning. any of you guys have an idea as to where i should start my troubleshooting?? any ideas would be greatly appreciated.i can be reached at [email protected] thanks, Lance

Wyatt,
Brian Miller says!

My aluminum clutch discs hold up very well for ordinary yard work, garden plowing and for pushing snow. I've been selling these since 1998 & never received any complaints. And I always tell my customers that their pressure plates MUST be resurfaced so both metals will have 100% contact with each other so the clutch won't slip.

Brian Miller

Can anyone tell me how I can find out if someone has switched the hood on my Cub Cadet or changed the motor? The hood says it is a model 102 but from what I can read off from the engine tag and the fact that it also has a small air cleaner, I believe it is a 7hp. That would make it a model 70 or 71. The serial number tag is next to the rear differential cover and is 214492. Are there any other numbers that would tell me what model it is? Also, does anyone know a line for used parts? I could post a picture if necessary.

I put one in my 1200 and it seems to do alright, but like Lonny said, it takes some gettin used to. You really gotta have a light foot because when that thing engages, IT ENGAGES!
biggrin.gif

Kevin P:

Welcome to the Forum.

Your serial number eliminates the model 70.

Attached is a picture from the 1x2/3 brochure. The differences in the chassis's are: (A) a more deluxe seat on the 102, and (B) the 102 had fenders.

35718.jpg

Welcome Kevin..

Any of those boxes at the top of the page can supply you with used parts, as well as the classified sections of the forum.... HTH

John S:

You have a 50C deck.

Here is a pic's from the tag on my 50C deck:

35721.jpg

This may help you in obtaining the correct parts.

Keith Crain, you sound like the Calgon commercial! LOL.... But it is one of those simple pleasures I enjoy!

Mike

CHARLIE - Who's 50" deck is that You posted pic's of? Sure looks pretty! I mowed Sunday night w/982 & 50" deck....I didn't think I had the deck leveled worth a darn but it sure cut nice...The backyard looks like Kelly-Green carpet!
DAVID G. - My 129 handles My 44" deck really well... A 149 should pull a 50" O-K.

Roland, Kevin, the 71 will also have a lower tunnel height compared to the 102. Approx. 3" on the 71 compared to approx 5" for the 102.

Wyatt, please note that it was Charlie that found and posted your photos.

Charlie, thanks for the DVD/CD plug. :eek:)

Back