• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 21, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A while back someone had posted several photos of a single armed loader that they had built. Was this one of the designs from cadplans? If so, do you see any problems with the design or have any recomendations on things you would do different? I'm planning on building a loader this summer and don't know if I want to do a twin armed loader or a single armed.

I was mowing when my tractor started to act like an automatic that is low on fluid. It would slam in and out of gear.

IH dealer says it is junk, but I don't belive him. Reverse works fine, but forward only works at full throttle and it moves very slow at that.

I pulled off the fenders and tried moving the linkage directly by hand. I had no luck.

What can I look at next? I have the rear end removed from the tractor.

Thanks.

Aside from scraping off paint or using a magnet, can you visually tell the difference between an aluminum vs. cast iron rearend? Do they look different? Any pictures comparing the two?

Byran C:

The aluminum rear ends, on the 82 series, were usually painted Black. Plus, the draw bar on a CI rear end had three mounting bolt holes in it, while the draw bar on a aluminum rear end, had five mounting holes.

WES - Guy I worked with years ago during summers when I was in college, His Dad was a BTO on the other side of town....big town of 100 people, but They replaced an 806D with a 1066 and they had a HECK of a time trying to load the thing up.... It would just FLY with Their 5-bottom equip. They had the dealer check it out and a Small Substitution was made at the start of the assembly line at FARMALL..... It ended up with a DT-436 meant for a 1566 instead of the DT-414.... And a Strong one at that! They were really disappointed with the 1486 that replaced it a few years later....They had to drop back one or two gears on all their equipment. Like they say... "Stuff Happens"
On the post about Dandelions, I sprayed late Saturday with My broadcast sprayer....Had to wait for the breeze to die down. Just used Ortho Weed-b-Gone.... Dandelions were really looking poorly at sun up Sunday AM. Should be all gone in a week or two...

Jeff T,
Check out my profile for a picture. Yes, it is a cadplans 507. The one arm works just fine. I picked the one arm design to keep the weight down. You might notice that most 2 arm loaders you see have 500 lbs hanging off the back. You can't have a 3 point with the weight in the way. The bucket that I have is the one that came with the kit. Its a little too small. The loader can lift more that the bucket can hold and its too small for snow. I have done some abusive digging with the loader and its held up great. Here is a link to a site that sells 2 arm loader plans. http://www.loaderplans.com/. The price tag for both loaders is about the same. The nice thing about cadplans it that you can buy the precut steel kit from them. Then the only thing you need to do is weld it together. The hydraulic system needs to be custom fabricated. I don't think either of the plans cover how to mount. If I was to redo the hydraulic system I would use the hydro as a reservoir and drive the hydraulic pump of the back side of the hydro with a direct drive coupling. This would require cutting out the tool box from under the seat. Anyways, let me know if you have any more questions.

Ah, listen to the whine of Gators spun by a smaller center pulley...

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
attachment_icon.gif
AVI converted from 220x176 Motorola 3GP capture
05-22-05_1856.avi (679.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Steven T.
Some questions that might help us help you.

1. Were you low on Hydro fluid?

2. When you say you removed the rear end from the tractor are you refering to the fenders? Hopefully you didn't remove the rear end yet.

If it was working good in reverse and not in forward a couple of things I would check.

1. with the fenders off move the hydro control back and forward and observe the movement of everything back to the trunion bracket. Check that the springs and pins are in the trunion bracket and everyting moves smoothly.

Here is a picture of the trunion bracket on a 782.

28267.jpg

If the hydro controls and trunion bracket look good and operate smoothly then clean and remove the two check valves (the six sided metal things on top of the hydro). The one on the left side facing forward on the tractor is for reverse and the one on the right is for forward direction. Swap the two check valves and see if your symptoms change.

I bent up my sleeve hitch this weekend. Looking at it from behind it's about 3/8" higher to the right and bent inward slightly on that side as well.

I had the cultivator hooked up pulling weeds and etc out of a garden spot at my brothers. He hadn't done anything to it in a few years.

The tines never got much over 2" in the ground. So I was surprised to see that much of a bend in the hitch.

Was mine made out of a lighter steel (made by a member here)? Or are they all that soft?

Richard ,Charlie ,Steve, Adrian
Thanks for input on hydro
will check it over and post results

I have a major problem with my 70,got it out from storage turned the key on pushed the starter ,rolled and rolled didn't start but the wiring and points started to smoke.I got new points put them in turned the key on and same thing,they started to heat up again and the wire going to the coil did also.Any ideas ,could the coil have a short in it or has anyone had this happen before?

Richard

I moved everything around prior to pulling out the transmission. It appreard to work ok. Prior to the removal, I also cleaned the valves, but I did not switch them.

I am cleaning everything up as there are loads of gunk in all the creavices, and I think this may be a factor to my problem.

I also need to change the fluid and filter as it has been a few years since that has happended.

Wish my tractor was that clean!!

Steve B,
Sounds like you have the cables switched on the battery OR you have a wiring touching the frame some where. Mouse Nest maybe?

Steve B same thing happened to my 70 4 years ago had a wire wear thru and touch the frame ... a new harnes was my fix ...Hopefully your won't be that pricy...Charlie Got all the gardens in Minnesota tilled yet -between showers?

Its been kinda slow down here also ... I got 3 big ones left then the tiller is comming off the 127 and the deck is going on unless the phone rings again ... You don't have to ask me twice to play in the dirt!!!

Latest posts

Back