Archive through May 21, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave,

Now the only thing that is left is to convert the rate of consumption of MMO (measured in glugs), suspended in 87 octane gasoline, as burned by a Kohler powered Cub.......

Let's see........glugs/horsepower hour?????????

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

QUESTION.....would a metric "glug" be termed a "gluug"??? Or would that be an imperial measurement?

S.B...don't they test garden tractors in NE using the ____ glugs per HP hour rating??

If a book were to be made telling what a Cub Cadet was made of (tractor features and names of the original parts suppliers), what would be the must tell items to cover??.......post now or it may not be included......

(Message edited by kupdike on May 24, 2005)

KEN - If MTD goes Retro... the Double Slant Back grills like the 1X4/1X5 and 1X6/1X7 is what they need to make....
buttrock.gif
But I gotta agree..... Not sure who MTD, and ALL the L&G styling dept's are trying to appeal to but I'd sure like to suggest They ALL STOP IT NOW!!!!

Ohhhh Dave & Steve..... I've e-mailed Wyatt to get a translation for Your Technical jargon for Us laymen.... He must be on vacation.....

Dennis,

We're just gettin' silly. But on your coil overheating-oil spew problem, I've never seen anything like that happen on a Kohler. Furthermore, I can't come up with any good reason why this should happen. The only faint possibility is that the charging system was outputting way too high a voltage.

I have a 122 that has a MASSIVE leak around the area where the brake arm goes into the reduction housing.
help.gif
How do I fix this?

Matt G,
Sounds like your in for a little R&R&R (repair,replace & rebuild) on that puppy.
Not a big project, but it can get messy.
28294.jpg
biggrin.gif

Dang, looks like I'm gonna have to split the tractor.
irritated.gif
explotar2jr.gif
What part is usually the culprit with this type of thing?

The retainer where the ball and push rod is has an O-ring that prolly went south on ya.
I know we've all heard this before, BUT, in this case and good dose of
rtfm.gif
is in order or at least buy one, grin
thumbsup_old.gif

steve b... ok so ya got me on the yellow/white deck... at least 5 years ago it was only available in yellow... not sure when the axe fell on the white option.

i may sound ill informed, but cyclops? I dont recall seeing them

.... oh and I did not know that bar was for reinforing the deck wheels, I always thought it was to keep people from stepping on the deck-- a safety thing!!

Richard C.

Thanks for the info on neoprene gaskets. With the decline of farming here in eastern central Pa. there are not many farm implement stores left. However, I found an industrial rubber products company in Bethlehem that carries neoprene. The neoprene they had was a commerical grade,1/16" thick, medium hardness and cost $4.00 for a 12" by 36" sheet. In addition to the hydro/tranny gasket I also tried it on the rear cover plate gasket of the tranny.

Colin,

No biggie.

Here is the literature scan I was referencing, the 1811 would have been the first series following the MTD built 782's (making it '86 and following).

Note the deck.

28299.jpg

Dave Beck
I tried the 1/8 inch Neopreme on the rear gasket and wasn't real happy with it but the 1/16 th inch worked good for me too. I only torque it to 50 inch pounds. The nice thing is you can watch it and if it leaks just tighten it a little more, that doesn't work good with regular gaskets.

28301.jpg

Charlie or anyone,

I'll buy a quart of paint from my local CaseIH dealer.... I don't know though if they would have any reducer and harnder. If not will any brand work? Could you guys that have painted this way before give me a few tips or tricks?

Thanks for the help!

Jim

MATT G. - When You pickup that o-ring Charlie said to get, buy new brake pucks too. Normally they come out in little bitty pieces. Especially the back one in the blind bore that You'll probably have to chisle out... And while Your there the needle bearing on the back side of the reduction pinion is about the only bearing You'll ever have to replace in the whole transmission. Replace all that and any other seals & gaskets You take apart and You can forget about the rear end for another 40 yrs.

Latest posts

Back