Archive through May 15, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi all i am in need of the part # for the hydraulic cylinder for the hydraulic angel on my 982. tia chris a.

I just went out in the dark wondering a bar or spring after looking over the manual, realized I didn't I took some pictures anyway. This is the best I could do in the dark
happy.gif

239107.jpg

distance from the bracket to the bearing, about the length of the spacer
239108.jpg

239109.jpg

what is this hole for anyway?
239110.jpg

Patrick-

I believe if you look beside that hole you'll find a circle scribed in the shaft. This is a cut mark for adding a creeper. The hole is for the driveshaft coupler.

Ron,Dennis & Charles,
Thanks for the advice. I'll try to check it out this weekend and try to show you some pictures.
I'll get back with you.

Patrick-

Something doesn't look right with that spacer. You need to tell us the order you installed all of the components too. The spacer only goes on one way and that is with the cupped end toward the pressure plates. The teaser spring goes into this cup. It should work like a dream if everything is right.

Did you resurface the pressure plates? That can make a big difference in operation and performance.

Also, there is no fan on a gear drive because there's no hydro pump to cool.

Patrick F.-

You've got the spacer in the wrong place. It goes behind the teaser spring in front of the throwout bearing. The teaser spring fits inside of the larger end.

Matt-

I believe Patrick has the spacer in the right place just oriented wrong with the bell/cup towards the throw out bearing.

Patrick-

Correct order: (front to back) fixed pressure plate, clutch disc, working/moving pressure plate, teaser spring, spacer (cup over teaser), clutch release arm, throw out bearing, main clutch spring, washer, and the roll pin.

Wayne Shytle

Ok I have been wanting to ask this for some time
1a_scratchhead.gif
. Looking at your profile picture I see a line with what appears to be RED rags . Most guys put a tractor in there profile. Please tell me what is up lol.

Well we have rain here and I had to see if the shop was still there it rained so hard. I`am going in there all day today and get the 125 sorted and make an order up for Charlie . Have a great day .

Bill R., any chance you could post a detail photo of that shipping tag? Please?
bouncy.gif

Frank, cubgratulations on the 125. Here's a LINK to an easy to use program for resizing and viewing photos and it's free.
happy.gif
It's called VuePrint and I've been using it for over 10 years and I highly recommend it.

Latest posts

Back