• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 15, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HOLLY COW Paul,
That's just freakin Fantastic!
Thanks for sharing those with us.
Original Patios, what a concept!
greenthumb.gif

I thought I'd registered her "across the street" as PARTS. Today she gained the name of FANCY. Darn it, Paul, I can't decide between Coral Pink and Vista Green.
beerchug.gif

151787.jpg

OK, I'm hooked on Tropical Lavender.
biggrin.gif

Scott S. I would check the packing gland, it may be worn. Also helps to let it rest on the deck height adjust bracket in float mode when in use. Check all connections for leaks and if it is leaking from the working end of the cylinder, most likely that gland. Check to make sure valve is centered and returns to center after moving controls. If not STOP using pump and take can off to fetch broken spring tip that can enter the mesh gears and destroy the pump. If it does not center you might be slowly lowering it. Add a washer to the pivot point on control arm to stop the control from bouncing around.

Digger

And several years before the JD Patios...........
whistling.gif

Porter, Thanks I will check that out. It doesnt go back to center at all so I will tear it apart to check for the spring. PO had a bell looking vent thingy where the fill plug was. I have since replaced that with another normal plug because it leaked like a sieve. I guess my biggest problem is going to be is finding the parts for it.

CUB 102 smelling gas.....Guys help me out - I have owned this 102 for about 6 years with the ususal aches and pains maintaining it...It has developed a gas smell to it now, I filled up tank last week and mowed 2 acres with no problem, when finished there was a gas smell around it the following morning - did not think much of it since I just used it...It has been unused for 1 full week and the smell of gas is still there - There are no obviouse leaks that I can see - EddC

Ed:
There's just not too many things involved here...Tank leaking, shutoff under tank leaking, gas line leaking, carb float issue (my first bet) or needle and seat worn and leaking. I can usually find these minor leaks by wiping my hand across the various pieces and checking for wetness/strong gas odor on my hand.
thumbsup_old.gif

Kendell - There are no leaks at all that I can see - I will look closer - No leaks on ground or on tractor

Porter...When you clean up the breather there is a plate in there that has a small hole in it, make sure the hole is at the bottom otherwise the accumulated oil will not drain out.
I will get a pic of that door today and post.

Ed..is the baffle still in the gas cap ? My 73 smells like gas a lot and the only thing I can figure is the gas tank is breathing too good, the baffle is missing in mine. There are no leaks that I can find so thats my guess
dunno.gif

Latest posts

Back