• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 14, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve,
I will make a note of that. Thanks.
thumbsup.gif

Oh, I see now! I thought he meant on the lift arm or cylinder bracket somewhere. That makes much more sense now. Thanks Kraig!

Hey all..Sunday my 122 quit running on me while I was mowing. Just shut off out of the blue. Finally got a chance to look at it today. Checked the points and they were firing intermittently and I knew I had replaced them last spring along with a new spark plug. Checked the plug to find out it wasn't firing so I grounded out the plug wire and found that it wasn't firing. You gotta love having a parts machine sitting around, took the coil off the 122 parts machine and put it on my good 122. Hooked everything back up and it's roaring like the day it was born!! If we don't get any rain tonight or tomorrow i'll be getting plenty of seat time tomorrow cutting 2 yards! Glad to be up and running again ! }

Hi all, I hope someone here can help me out on this one. I am trying to find disc pads for my sons pulling tractor. Dealer has them but WHOA!!!!!!!!!!$38 a piece, sorry not gunna happen part number is 548122-r1. I believe the rear end is a 128. It has the u shaped caliper. TIA

Joe C.
We just had this conversation a while back. A search of the forum would have found it for ya. Go to McMaster-Carr.
thumbsup_old.gif

If you have oval brake pads, use this one.

6175K812 Metal-Free Brake and Clutch Lining, 3/16" Thick, 1-1/4" Width.

If you have the crescent shaped pads,

6175K819 Metal-Free Brake and Clutch Lining, 3/16" Thick, 3" Width

And you spent how much building the tractor?

Thanks Charlie. I searched but nothing came up that was recent, it was 2009. But its probably me
bash.gif

Building was cheap!!! My uncle owed me a favor and gave it to me. Havent done a whole lot to it until now!! Last year we added weight bar under, wheelie bar, cut out switch. He took third place in the under 13HP youth class(under 13YO) Now we are painting it. Thats when I saw the brake pads where no longer! I will post pics when I get it done. Fighting the rain here so aint doing much painting for over a week now!

Back