• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 14, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A thought or two on tim arthurs' blow by issue.

"not alot, but its enough to blow a little oil out if the dipsticks out."

The Kohler's have a flapper valve in the breather that allows the crankcase air to be pushed out when the piston goes down, but does not allow outside air to be sucked in when the piston goes up.

When you pull the dipstick out, it allows air to be sucked in on the down stroke and blown out on the upstroke.

It's normal for even good engines to puff air out the dipstick hole.

The dipstick hole needs to be plugged in order for all this to work right.

This is not such a big deal on multi-cylinder engines but a killer on single cylinder engines.

So,

1. Don't expect this to get better.
2. If you don't blow the dipstick out of the engine, that's good.
3. If your oil consumption is OK, that's good.

Hope the lawn mowing goes well!

Lee

"digger"

You are correct, get someone else to remove the paint.
Much easyer.

happy.gif

Recieved very GOOD news today! Since this heart attach been really worried about things. Went to DR. today.Says i'm doing fine. Said bloodpressure excelent, sugar fine,every thing seems good. He told me I could return to work tomorrow.Am waiting untill Monday.Anyway THANK YOU all for your thoughts and prayers.I am proud to be a part of this forum.
ROD

Rod good to hear your doing well and since you dont go back to monday that leaves 5 days to get some cub seat time

happy.gif

Will get some tomorrow on the 1450! Friends mowed for me right after I got home from hospitel.Hasn't been mowed since then. 3 weeks worth. IT LOOKS BAD!
Got this traded for today! Nice unrestored #1 cart. Got to get it here from PA.
ROD

225302.jpg

I own a 782 cub cadet, when i turn it over i only get a clicking sound from the solenoid that is mounted under the seat. I think it has gotten progressively worse because before i could turn it over 10 to 15 times and it would turn over, now it wont turn over at all. Iam leaning towards the starter.

Jeff Q. It sounds more like a weak battery or bad connection to me. I'd try jumping it with another battery or a booster battery if it were mine.

Rod, I wish I could come out your way and mow the yard for you with my confuguliated 782, I'ld even pick up the #1 cart for you, but then I'ld be tempted to turn around and head home, it looks awful good to me.

talker.gif

JEREMIAH,
OH WELL! It's the thought that counts anyway.
You and your 782 are welcome at my place anytime!
ROD

Jeff Glick;To test for a bad starter Connect another Battery with your booster cables Neg to starter bolt and touch pos to starter terminal to test your starter. If it cranks over good then your problem is solenoid or battery or connections.

Latest posts

Back