• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 14, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodsmith

displayname
Rodney Smith
ihrotate.gif

After several months,looks like i'm gonna get my '62'O down from northern MO. next weekend.
Will be a long week!!!!!!!!!
ROD

Is there a list or info out there that shows which brand tires were on which year CC's? My 72 has 6.50 BF Goodrich Silvertowns, which I believe are the original tires, and I have a set of 6.50 Goodyear turfs that I want to save for a model 70 refurbish if they are correct for that model.

We want pictures of this chain link fence dragging along behind the cub cadet! Short lengths of fence are good for leveling and clod breaking on a new lawn.

PAUL,
We will forgive you this time. Just don't let it happen again!
biggrin.gif

ROD

Thanks Dave R, I will do some more testing when I get home again this coming weekend. Thanks

Mowed with the 73 on friday but ran out of daylight.. Went to finish it yesterday and it wouldn't crank! Jumped it and finished what I had to. Testing shows a no charge... more diagnoses today I hope.. sigh...

Melody, Something else I thought of. If you check everything I mentioned and still can't get it to start. One other thing to check is the head gasket.

Home of the Plow Special (Aaytay)

i am looking for some pictures of your exhaust an fuel line setup on you o with the 10hp in it

gotten mine running but with a 3" piece of pipe on it it is way too loud

trying to come up with an idea

thanks

Cub 123 was running as I was tilling the garden it stopped and then would not start back up. Brand new battery, jumped it and all it did was click. Do you think its the solenoid or started/generator. Start up prior to this was hard.

I have a 982 with a 19.9 onan engine in it which runs great except for one problem. When we mow on a slope leaning to the right it stalls as if it doesn't get any gas.It seems to react the same way whether the tank is full or 1/2 full. I have another 982 with the same engine and it doesn't do this at all. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem with this engine or any other. Some good ideas as to the cause of this would be appreciated.

Hi. I am new to the forum, and I have an early model Cub. I checked my serial number against the registry here on the site, and my number, 351530, has one more number in it than what is on the list. Do I have the proper number? I got this from the RH side of the rear housing. Thanks!

TONY D. - Without hearing the tractor die it's tough to trouble-shoot over the internet. But I'd guess the float level in the carb is low on the tractor that dies out.

Keeping those ONAN's running sure makes a person appreciate the old K-series Kohlers.

It pretty much sounds like it runs out of gas. It is not like you would turn the ignition off. When I get time I will take the carburatur off and check the float.

Kevin H
That is the part number for the transmission case. The serial number is stamped INTO the gear reduction housing (between the transmission and the front frame) in numbers about 3/16"- 1/4" high. It is stamped in a vertical line just forward and slightly above the square headed, gear case, oil fill plug. The numbers will be painted over and will be hard to see. You may have to scrape the paint off to see them.

Tony D. I had a similar experience with a 16 HP Onan. The old type carb float was the problem. My old one looked like it was made of some type of foam, I just know for sure it wasn't metal. I replaced it with a new solid brass one, problem solved. The brass one is pricey but is worth the money not to have a problem.

Kevin H., WELCOME!
WELCOME.gif

Bradford, WELCOME!
WELCOME.gif
I would check the electrical connections, especially the ground connections. Here's a wiring diagram that will help you.

225266.jpg

Hey Everyone!

Been a while since I have been on here but recently purchased a IH Cub Cadet 682. It is in very nice original condition and has 350 hours on the original KT17 Series 1 engine. The engine runs strong. However, I hear a weird metal,bell type noise (If that is possible) coming from the from area where the electric pto is. I have not investigated too much but it is kind of annoying. Anyone experience that noise?

225269.jpg

JB
I had a 682 with the same noise last year. I found the PTO bearing was out. I found a bearing from Mc Master-Carr for about 10 bucks that fit and just replaced it. You will have to grind away the tangs that hold the old bearing in to replace it as it is really not intended to be replaced. But it will work just fine. I also put some lock tight on mine when installing the new one. I can get you the part number if I can find it at home.

JB: Looks like a great find even from the little that we can see of it. Speaking as the owner of a not-so-well-preserved 782, I would love to see pictures of the internals to compare to what I'm finding on the 782. For instance, how, exactly, are the headlights wired. All I've had to work from is stub of yellow wire.

Oh yes, I replaced the PTO bearing too, the original was "pinged in" with a punch.

Latest posts

Back