• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 13, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That makes sense. Did you see anything in my picture (several down) of the plates assembled? The plates and friction plate didn't seem shiny to me when I put them back together but it makes me wonder if I should take it completely apart again and sand them and the friction plate. It's certainly not grabbing but it seems like their no force pushing them together. I guess I need to study/stare at it some more. If you think of anything else I should look at...I'll take all the advice I can get! Thanks!

Legitimate question...and the answer is no. I couldn't get this link (1x8-9 & QL Service Manual) on the home page to work for me. Is that the correct link for the 1200 model? I'll try to open it tomorrow on my laptop and not this phone. Do you have the link to the service manual you could send me? Again, thanks for the help.

Lee C.-

According to the parts look up the lubricating bushing goes on the other end of the main spring. I don't see how this could add to or correct your problem and it could be wrong as is the teaser spring/spacer order is reversed. I'm not completely familiar with the 1200 clutch system but it isn't much different from say the 128...just the spacer is added as far as I can tell.

Another .02 worth...

Wayne- The parts book shows it at the rear but the service manual shows it at the front like his is. At the front makes more sense with a grease fitting cause at the rear it would never move on the shaft.

The parts diagram shows it all the way at the rear between the coil pin and the main spring. where he has it should be good (between the main spring and the throwout bearing)

I thought it was part of the T/O bearing on later QL's
I have 2 1000's and 2 1200's and have worked on several others and none had the greasable T/O bearing assl'y

Seems that the extra length of it would mean the rear hole for the spring would have to be further rearward.
I'll bet there is a note in the books somewhere regarding S/number break for this part.

Latest posts

Back