• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 13, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barbara-
By looking at the diagram and listening to what you're describing, it sounds like one of #26 (there are 3 of them)may have loosened/fallen out.

(#26 holds on #13)

A picture of what you have would be priceless in helping though.
happy.gif

Steve-

Thanks for the info..I'll give it a try tonight. It's raining out right now so maybe some slippery grass might help. I don't have any gravel nearby.

I am new to this so if I do something wrong just let me know. I have purchased a 1200 Cub Cadet that the clutch and drive shaft have been damaged. I plan to mount the engine solid and am going to purchase a clutch and drive shaft. Will I need to purchase a drive shaft out of another 1200 or will any drive shaft out of a wide frame work? Thanks

Ummm, I think Art needs another cup of coffee this morning
bouncy.gif

#26 dosen't hold #13, but there is a wavy washer and clip (#28 & #29) that keeps #13 connected to #14.

On the clutch I rebuilt for my parents the engine mounting bolts had all fallen out and due to the engine flopping around and eating things up there was no groove left on # 14 for the clip to connect. A few replacement parts and some new bolts with loc tight and lock washers and they are back to good.

83940.jpg

83941.jpg

A pitiful attempt at breaking up new ground. This was originally forest that was cleared with the help of a Farmall H and Stihl chainsaw.
Hooked a 123 to the 45 gal lawn roller and ended up with a hole to fill!
bubbly.gif

One additional question about 1450 brake adjustment. When I step on the brake the trans goes to neutral. But on a slight grade the tractor will not hold it will roll back. Looks like the brakes are internal to the rear end.

I see the screw for the adjustment under the hydro unit. What is the best way to adjust the pedal.

Again thanks in advance. My first cub and need to make a few adjustments before I let the wife use it.

Frank - It isn't mud season until you've gotten the tractor stuck!

Art, Barbara: The #26s hold down the brake plate only incidentally! The #26s hold down the levers, the levers hold down the thrust button and tri-spring, the thrust button holds the brake disc on with a curved spring washer and a c-clip (and the toe bone is connected to the foot bone and the foot bone is connected to ankle bone and the ankle bone is connected to the shin bone and the shin bone is connected to the knee bone....
roflol.gif

Myron B

Has anyone tried and/or had much success modifying a newer WF mower deck to work on a QA NF tractor and mule drive? I have a 126 that I am thinking about trying to put a newer 44 or 50 inch mower deck on. I currently do not have access to a newer deck so I haven't been able to get measurements to see if it is possible. My 42” deck is rusted up very badly with numerous repairs. Also, my deck does not cut very well even with new blades.

ccannon

Latest posts

Back