• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 13, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did that today. almost the entire neighborhood cut their grass. saw a gravely in action, another cub, my cub, a simplicity, and i believe a ford. when i was grilling all i could smell besides the grill was fresh cut grass, sausage/burgers, and hear the sweet sound of mowing/birds/nature.

then my cell phone rang.

theo

Brian,

Glad I could help, I'm curious about what it was. BTW, installation of the new driveshaft, rag joint and fan went smoothly, and as you can see from my previous post I finished the lawn by suppertime.

Theodore - I did one better. I went to the river and heard flowing water and silence ;)
On the way in then out , there was the tree clean up from sunday's little tornado. Several root balls up to 10' diameter up rooted.

Well I was thinking today, all I got to do to get the 128 done is wait for my cub parts to be delivered. The more I thought, the more I realized what needed to be done before I got my parts. Soo, I go the fenders partially installed(footrests still in paint) this evening and played around with an exhaust stack.
83919.jpg

83920.jpg

The wheel/tire combo was slapped on so I could get the cub out of the shed to get the floor swept.

Michael K
I am also rebuilding a 38" deck but I am using the housings,spindles and bearing from a 44C,that the shell had rotted away on.just to give you another option for bearings and such.

anyone retrofit a zerk fitting on the front wheels of a 127? instead of taking the wheel off and packing it full of grease, wouldn't a zerk fitting just be easier?

theo

Michael - I'm sorry , I must have misled you. I couldn't find spindles either from the above sponsors.
83928.jpg

Theodore A.-

I don't think that's any easier. Plus, you're wasting a ton of grease that won't go to the bearings. There's tons of empty space in there. Not to mention the mess when you pull off a wheel that has half a tube of grease in it...very messy...BTDT...

1450 Hydro trans leaking fluid out left top valve

I just pulled the hydo unit out and did some work, put it all back in, new cub cadet filter , bought some cub cadet hydo fluid from the dealer. Put it all back togther and the unit is leaking out the top of the hydro unit out the left top valve.

I took a bunch of the fluid out thinking I had overfilled it but it still does it.

Any ideas why it's leaking? I have forward and reverse. Although it's real sensitive going forward and lazy in reverse. I can go half way down before reverse will engage.

Thanks for any suggestions/ideas in advance.

HELP!!!!
I WAS GIVEN A MODEL 104 AND I CAN'T FIND THE OIL PLUG. IT IS NOT WHERE THE DRAWING SAY IT SHOULD BE. CAN SOMEONE HELP?

Michael T.

Take your tractor out (on some gravel), run it at full throttle, and jack the hydro lever around from FWD to REV as hard as you can still staying on the seat and not pulling wheelies that will flip you over. Run it HARD, rip the rear wheels until they cut loose and throw LOTS of gravel....do this for 5 or 10 min., or until your neighbors call the cops.

Sometimes forcing the check valves to seat hard, open, and close will get the o-rings reseated and sealing again....sounds wierd, but it works some of the time......

If that doesn't fix the leak, buy a good used check valve off somebody.

Robert L.

3/8" pipe plug right in the bottom of the oil pan......

Steve, you forgot to tell Michael that even if that doesn't fix the leak, it's still a lot of fun!
bubbly.gif

I am new to the forum. I have searched for information regarding my cub cadet 169 PTO clutch. My clutch has a brake which has slipped out. I have not been able to find out how this brake goes back on. Any help would be appreciated.

Barbara,
Welcome to the forum.
thumbsup_old.gif

If you click the Parts Lookup Button above and enter in your model number (169), then click the front PTO section, you'll come up with a complete parts diagram that shows how it all goes together.
83933.jpg

I'll send pictures as soon as I can get my hands on a camera. I have that diagram- I don't see how 14 connects to 15 or 13 connects to 14. I can't see where anything attaches to the clutch part (15).
Thanks for your help!

Latest posts

Back