• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 13, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's wrong with this picture??
83891.jpg

No Input shaft?

The boot doesn't fit so we have to aquit?
dunno.gif

Wait! I got it! It's not in the For Sale section where it's supposed to be!
asthanos.gif

It's covered in gunk, but it's a gear drive...
err.gif

OK, seriously....

Rather than give it away I will tell you that there is a 'hint' in the upper right-hand corner of the picture.
happy.gif

Start comparing things and see if you can figure it out!

OK todays CQ -Cub Question - which is better way to drive my 107; lot of throttle & vary speed w/hydro trans lever or full trans lever & vary speed w/throttle? or combi of both? I just wondered if one way or other is better for parts longevity.
confused.gif

It's an Original rear end with 7:1 reduction housing on it....

Brian J.

Your PTO may not be disengaging for a number of reasons. Here are a few in rough order of difficulty/expense to repair:

1. The PTO Control linkage lever is misadjusted at the turnbuckle
2. The wear button on the actuating lever is worn, missing, or damaged.
3. The bearing on the end of the crankshaft is bad.
4. The springs inside the PTO which separate the pressure plate from the disk are missing or damaged.
5. The bolts holding the internals of the PTO clutch are misadjusted or damaged.
6. The diaphragm springs are damaged.

Luckily I have a Cub Cadet dealer about 2 miles from the house here (Liberty Discount Equipment), and he actually has the driveshaft and fan in stock. The driveshaft is 52 bucks, the fan is about 10.

Paul,
I put a quiet kit on a 149 a couple of years ago. It came with the proper exhaust fitting, but due to the way the original fitting was rusted to the block I just cut it off to match the replacement fitting. I don't recall exactly, but I think the new fitting is exactly the same as the original except it only extends about a half inch or so past the threads.

Harry, it's an air cooled engine. Wide open throttle is the only way to properly cool it.

Just in case Steve B. is wrong.... It's got Original axles on a non-Original rearend.
clown.gif

Since Steve gave it away....
happy.gif

See the axle carriers with the band-brake on the left side? They're "Original" spec.

See the fill-plug on top of the tranny case just behind the shifter? Again, "Original" spec along with the tapped holes on the rearmost tranny boss for an Original-style seat.

See the tall reduction housing on the engine-end of the tranny? Not Original spec. (As well as the silly tall shifter.)

Way to let the cat out of the bag Steve-O..
jester.gif

<font size="-2">Great, now Kraig is going to post a picture of a cat in a bag...</font>

Art, no "cat in a bag", remember, Steve let the cat out of the bag.

83895.jpg

Selah the cat.

Art - That doesn't say warped head from points blah blah ... it says if head is warped.

Kraig - At least put a dang <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> hat on That Darn Cat !

I had the shirt made.

KENtucky, nice shirt.
thumbsup.gif
The only hat I have for the cat is one with bunny ears and that photo has been posted a couple times already.... I think I need a beanie with a
ihrotate.gif
on top.

<font color="119911"><font face="verdana,arial,helvetica"><font size="+1">Ahhh...
Nothing like the smell and sight of fresh cut grass, brought to you by
ihrotate.gif

</font></font></font>

83905.jpg

<font color="aa00aa"><font face="verdana,arial,helvetica"><font size="+1">... And Back where the grapes grow

83906.jpg
</font></font></font>

Regarding my 44 inch deck.
Thanks for the comments regarding the Gator blades. I am in the process of ordering them and I also have the guage wheels for the front corners built. Now just to mount them
Thanks again
Earl LaMott

Back