• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan, thanks.
happy.gif

Has anyone had any success painting Rust Oleum auto primer over top of Rust Oleum Rusty Metal Primer? Some paints have trouble sticking to the Rusty Metal primer because of the fish oil.
I painted the underside of my mower deck with the Rusty Metal primer and now I would like to put some TSC tractor paint (Valspar) on top of it.

Thanks

Chris

Nate - Cedar Rapids Tire (search for them on Google) mail orders tires of all sizes and styles. I'm pretty certain they have several lugged tires available for both the front and rear that would fit your Cub.

Chris: Wet sand with 800 grit, wipe clean and shoot it; you should be good to go.

Pops

How do the rubber rings on A QL hold the lights in place, and how do they stay in the grill? (pics wanted too)

Once upon a time there was a gentleman in Belvedere, IL
(right downtown near the theater), who sold all sorts of used Kohler parts.
I've lost his name and number...can anyone help?

Thanks,
John

John J: Sorry, He's not listed in my Texas phone book...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Need some advise...I just picked up a 129 that wasn't running. No compression and heard a lot of huffing when she turned over so I pulled the head and, sure 'nuf, blown head gasket - really blown.

There's a pretty decent ridge around the top of the cylinder bore but not a whole lot of carbon build up. The valves likewise look pretty OK for 30 years old. I kind of need the mower running to mow with right at the moment as the 782 is elsewhere doing lawn duty. I'm just looking for opinions here - should I yank the motor and do a whole rebuild or clean up and stick a gasket it in. It was clear to me that the head bolts had just backed off and that precipitated the blow.

Should I mill the head or anything fancy like that? How bout damage to the machined surface of the cylinder...is that a big risk?

Finally, anybody know how much a head gasket is on these motors?

Thanks.

As Some of you know I injured my back arounf the first of last month and was unable to attend the plowday event in Iowa.
Well I just wanted to let you all know that my injury is on the mend, allbeit slowly. In the mean time I have had a lot of time on my hands and have purchased a couple of items to help me out around the place.
They are from Harbor Frieght and just happened to be on sale this month when I went to pick then up.
This one will come in handy for moveing items around the yard.
56585.jpg

This one in the corner of the trailer will make loading and unloading a lot easyer.
56586.jpg

Craig E.-

No need to mill it, get some 200 grit wet/dry sandpaper and a sheet of glass slightly larger than the sandpaper and wet sand the head until you have even color/texture all the way around. Then clean the head and glass, set the head on it and make sure your .002 feeler gauge won't go under anywhere. The head gaskets are cheap, somewhere around $8-10. Get a Kohler one, an aftermarket crappy one will just blow again. Don't forget to retorque per the manual after breaking in the gasket. Good luck!
happy.gif

Just wanted to show a couple pics of my cadet. I know it doesn't look very nice, but give me time, it will be pretty eventually!
happy.gif

56592.jpg

56593.jpg

Snorris, I like your cc probably because it's old and rusty with new tires, like mine. I also need time and money to finish but my cub hauler steals it all. Good luck on your build up.

Is there a good sleeve hitch implement for cutting roots? Yesterday, I was going slowly trying to cut/bust roots and on the simplicity plow, it sheered the bolts because the roots were so darn tuff. Any ideas?

Googling around I guess they are called root plows? But I didn't see any pictures...

Cub Cadet 122 front PTO question.

This is my first post on this forum. Recently rebuilt the front PTO, all new parts, did not have the adjustment gauge noted in the excellent FAQs. Re assembled everything and the engaging and dis-engaging worked fine after reassembly and adjustments. After mowing the yard, takes about 30 minutes, the PTO will not disengage, the mower deck continues to run when pulling the PTO lever to the stop position. Once everything cools down, the PTO appears to be fine and will release and the mower deck does not run. Any suggestions and advise will be much appreciated.

Jim Houk,
Silverdale, WA

Jim H.
You should have gotten the adjustment tool on the left in the kit.
56600.jpg

But since you didn't, You might try loosening the 3 adjusting nuts on the back just a little, it doesn't take much.
OR, is your PTO fiber button all in one piece or still there?

Put that engine hoist on an old trailer and move heavy stuff without putting your back out.

56603.jpg

Latest posts

Back