• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie I meant this. I just ordered both bearings.

56535.jpg

Tim,
That's just a front wheel bearing, which IMHO doesn't improve the steering, but it does keep the steering shaft from flopping around if the plastic upper column bearing has gone by the wayside.
bouncy.gif

Charlie, Every point where you can decrease friction will help in effort applied. It is probably a minimal amount but it cant hurt to try.

Where do you guys get your luuged garden tractor tires from? I have my 782D and am looking for all 4 tires but I wantedthem with the lugged pattern. Where can i get these for the best price?

You`ll need the bearing for the steering box to have better steering. Don

Brian Ritter - Your pdf file prints out just fine. It is NOT corrupt. Maybe you need to update your reader.

Charlie - Nate is lookin fer those tires that leaves those big'O Nasty black marks all over those green machines ;)

////////////////////
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Nate I have found several nice lug tires from Firestone and Goodyear. All they have are ribs for the front and the ag tires for the rears. I personally would like top find some R4 industrial tires for the rear while plowing snow and working in the woods. The ag tires work for this but tend to tear up a lawn.
beer2.gif

Dean - Northeren.com has skid steer tires in the 12" size. I don't know if you'd get enough traction with them or not and they will be real hard tires but you wont bruise'em!

Ken- I throw snow on concrete and black top when it snows here. Tire chains really tend to mark up pavement, especially the fresh black top. They also make it a little tricky to get up the ramps on to the trailer when the snow is slushy. The woods I can run chains in the woods but I'd rather not have to put them on and take them off alot all summer.
err.gif

All,
Since I'm shopless for about a year I can't work on my 126 CC with the thrown rod.... so I've got another time sink:

56538.jpg

Imagine 200+ Billy Bass and others stuck on an old Volvo and singing the Hallelujah Chorus.
If you can't someone posted a short video of the car in this year's Art Car Parade on YouTube at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQcNqdpeU2Y
I'm the guy in the back....

Here's another use for a loader. Moving the boat to the backyard parking spot.
56541.jpg

Old tractor on side of road.....$50
Misc parts .....................$200

40 hours of time spent with a nine year old and
a smile like this when he gets to drive it for the first time.
56544.jpg

PRICELESS!!!!

ART - I didn't know there was such a thing as a "Good Volvo".
rofl.gif
BTW....Mine's gray....maybe That's the problem.
wink.gif

NATE - I've gotten all My FIRESTONE Lugged tires from Weber Tires north of Sun Prairie...608-837-6575. They don't stock them but can get them in a day.

I received an email with a question and I'm not sure of the answer can anyone answer this about the bearing on a 50C mower deck?
dunno.gif

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Is part #6 (cup?) in the diagram permanently mounted some how to the ST-745 bearing, or should it be capable of being taken off and cleaned on the inside with a putty knife like I do on my 44A?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

56546.gif

Kraig -

It'd be tough to replace the bearing if it was permanently mounted
wink.gif

The cup should come off with proper encouragement...

Latest posts

Back