• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 12, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diagnosis question: The electric lift on my 147 occasionally does not work. What is the best way to figure out if it is the switch or the motor, or something else? Thanks in advance, Greg

Don - Yes the chairs are there for just that reason. Cubbers must have more in common than just tractors. LOL!

Don-

Thanks. I expect the vibrations and gears are definitely not going back in. I wish it didn't have them in the first place.

Dennis-

The needle bearings are encased, or at least these were. I am a little concerned about the possibility of a small crack. I had to knock the begeebees out of the webbing to break it. If I do have a new oil leak it will receive the usual JB Weld band-aid. I didn't see anything just looking in that area but time, and crankcase pressure will tell.

The 108/128 I just got in good shape has been running wonderfully. The day before yesterday they were calling for showers so I went and drove it to the barn. Yesterday I go to move it and nothing happened when I turned the key EXCEPT I noticed the needle on the ammeter going backwards. I have just gone through about everything and was wondering if this backwards needle thing tells anyone anything. The battery is good and charged. I did try to jump it but still nothing. My first guess is the switch gone bad.

Any ideas????? Wayne

Ken,
I do oil changes in all my yard equipment in the fall. That way everything has fresh oil in it instead of contaminated / used oil over the winter.

Jeff

Wayne Shytle

My cubs show a small discharge when the key is turned. I think if it was a large move to the left I would look and see if the voltage reg is stuck.

Dennis
I thought the balance gears had washers to hold the roll bearing in place??

Thanks Kraig for posting the photos. Yes my 3pt. set up looks exactly like what you have pictured. I will replace the bolt in the spring as mine looks a little worse for wear. Do you know if by chance if it is a hex head or carriage head bolt? And is this part of the BRINLY hitch and not a cadet part? I have never seen it in the TC 113 parts catalog.
Shotgun.gif

Greg P ; My 147 would do that some time ,the trouble i found was the brake bands on the motor .Check the wire plug to the electric lift or run a jumper wire to the plug to see if that works .

I have a mod i would like to do, Power steering on my 129 loader. So I don`t have a ported pump so I can`t run the power steering from there. I do have a power beyond plug on the controls for the loader, But I don`t know how much the fluid taken away from the loader and what effect that would have. Can this be done to a 129? can I get a power steering unit off a 1862 and install that on my 129? I had rebuilt the steering in my 129 twice and its getting slop in it again any ideas on this would be great. thanks Don T

Don-

You may be right. I have had a long day and the ole brain farts are kickin' in. I just noticed the bearings in the gear, not how they were held in there. There I go assuming again. I also retreived three very thin washers (I guess one was just MIA), two spacers, and two clips. One washer from the first gear was messed up. I have them in a rag out in the truck so I'll check for sure in the morning. I wish it had a magnetic plug to begin with. The needle bearings could easily fit through the drain hole and possibly give a heads up. I wouldn't have cranked it at all had I known there were a half dozen in there sloshing around. Lady luck rides again. I'm putting the tractor back together tomorrow so.....Wayne

Latest posts

Back