• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 09, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig I also believe that 149 in the photo has 147 dash sticker

I have seen another picture of a 149 prototype with 147 dash sticker

Anthony- as far as removal of the blades of your 129 I'd suggest removal of the deck that way you can flip (invert) the deck to remove the blades. It'll be easier than working upside down and a whole heck of a lot safer than with a 600 LB tractor over your head, IMO.

I looked at the wiring harness on my 147 again today and I might re route it under the engine along the inside of the frame rail, but it looks like I'd have to loosen the engine to do so. For now, I'm going to leave it. This might be a rainy/ fall day project when the grass is no longer growing.

Jeff, could be. I have also seen the brochure where the 149 has decals that say 147. However the other 149s in the brochure that photo came from say 149.

I have two problems with my cub 102. first, the clutch is not disengaging and secondly, the generator gets hot when the battery is connected. the battery does not get warm like if it's being charged, or being shorted. i have put a known good generator on the tractor from my other not running anymore 102. when the battery is not connected, the generator gets slightly warm, but nothing to be scared of. could this be a bad voltage regulator? i've checked the wiring harness, and starter switch, and they are not shorting to anything. i'm scared to leave the battery attached. anybody know what's up with this thing?

Black painted S/G's were standard on all 8/9 series CC's. I always thought that S/G's were painted yellow prior to the 8/9 series. However, the fine photo of David Kirk on his family's freshly built 127 would indicate that some late 6/7 series models had black S/G's as well.

The engines were always painted yellow through the 8/9 series. I think Kohler painted them yellow at their factory based on pictures I've seen in the LVL works with yellow painted engines setting on a tables waiting to be installed in CC frames. The QL series introduced the black painted engines and they were black in the 82 series as well.

Chris K., have you started with the basics? Clean each wiring connection, clean the grounds especially well, use sandpaper and get any paint or rust out of the way. They cannot be too clean!

Have you read the FAQ's about adjusting the PTO?

Hi Dave Schwandt,

I'm not sure what's happening;

1) Received 4 e-mails from you and have replied to all of them.
2) I have not yet received anything in the mail from you as of Thursday, May 10.

If you'd like, please e-mail your phone number and a convenient time to call. We can discuss and get this problem resolved.

Charlie - Sorry to use the forum for personal communication but didn't know what else to do.

Kraig - Thanks for forwarding.

Anthony- At work we use an air impact and just hold the blade still with our hand. (yes, not the best way, but once its on its tighter and thereby safer. Besides, they haven't had one spin on 'em yet that way.) Again, at work we lift tractors up on air-lift tables, and then use an air chain hoist to pick the front of the tractor up. Now, i realize you dont have access to those, but if you have an impact I would personally do it on the ramps as long as they are good and sturdy.

Latest posts

Back