• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 09, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allen/Daniel I have a 147 the harness should lay on the frame along the right side of the engine. The wires to the reg./lights will run along the frame then up the right side of the grill casting with some clips securing them along the way. Yes it may be ness. to loosen engine, that 14hp is a tight fit in a NF

On another issue does anyone know when IH changed from roll pins to bolts on front spindles? In ref. to "O"s, aprox. serial number or month? Im neg. on a purchase via photos have yet to get an accurate ser. number I can see there is no slot for steering adjustment

Ray,
If you are refering to the collars with spirol pins to retain the front spindles in the axle verses the bolt and washer, the collars were used from S/N 501 to S/N 10,332. The collars were also used on the couple of prototypes prior to S/N 501 that are known.

Thanks Paul any thing else to look for? owner thinks he bought it new april 1963 possible serial number 1013

A pic of all the cub that I could get out. Missing 10 cubs in the picture and tons of implements left in the shed.!!!!!

238948.jpg

Just wanted to comment, express my sympathy to the owners of older CC's with 14 & 16 HP engines that still use the narrow 3/8" wide mule drive belts.

Since I dropped the K321 into my #72 I go through at least one mule drive belt per year. With the old K241 they'd last anywhere from 3-4 to as long as 7-8 yrs.

I started buying them two at a time yesterday!

Jeff B - sorry I missed the posts by Dennis. Since I never heard of the 12amp how do you know you have 3? I thought there were only 4 or maybe 5 different A/C Delco models used. I believe Paul Bell had the model numbers specific to the tractor model.

Dennis - are you buying good quality belts?

I've been told that the only dumb question is the one that you didn't ask when you should have. So I'm going to ask before I wrench.

I have a 129 with a 44 inch deck. Is there any special procedure to remove the blades with the deck installed. I've got ramps the give me great access to the underside. On my original I used to just put a 4X4 block against the blade and loosen the spindle nut. Will that work on this deck?

Thanks,

Tony

Anthony, I can understand that with an Original but the deck is so easy to remove on a 129 that you'll be time and effort ahead removing it for the blade replacement. Plus when you have the deck off it's easy to clean out any built up grass. A 4x4 block works great to hold the blade in place while you loosen and tighten the blade retainer nut.

Hydro, I have a book " original farmall cub and cub cadet" and in here it say's IH used two S/G's on the 1x8/9 series and they were the 1101691 or 1101692. The only difference was 1101691 was rated at 15 amps and the 1101692 was 12 amps.

Both were supplied by Delco-Remy. It also say,s the 1101691 was factory installed while the 1101692 was its serveice parts-replacement.

Not sure if its true but thats what it says
dunno.gif

Jeff - that's interesting info on the different amp ratings for the S/G's. I had always thought they were all the same. I'm surprised it's never come up before (at least that I've seen). Also, it reminds me that some were painted black and some were painted yellow. Now that may have been a change made sometime in the 1x8/1x9 producction run.

Harry, I believe the changeover to the black S/G was during the 1x6/7 series. David Kirk's parents purchased a 126 brand new and it came with a black S/G. A few years back David posted a photo of that 126 that was taken right after his parent purchased it. I give you Exhibit A:

238954.jpg

David S., I just sent him an email at his personal email address. I'll let you know when/if I hear anything.

I found an 1100 for sale and was wondering how rare these are? You don't see many around and was just curious.

Tim A - you don't see many 1100's around and most of us are hopeful you won't see many. I don't know the production numbers but I suppose they may be considered rare. They were unique tractors with different trannys and differentials (I think by Peerless) and I believe an 11hp B/S engine. These differences are also why you don't see many - they don't hold up.

Kraig - Oh Great One - Keeper of the Photos - that very interesting. So all the 1x8/1x9 units should have a black S/G.

Harry, yes, I believe that should be true.

238956.jpg

However, never trust brochures for proper colors, or other details as they are full of errors. For example, yellow foot rests on the 1x2/3 series.

238957.jpg

Latest posts

Back