• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 08, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, In case anyone wants to know how much a NOS Brinly plow is worth these days!
It's around $420.00! LOL
56348.jpg

Glen - I bet it's electrical. It may be a wire shorting to ground killing the coil. The ignition switch could be loosing contact all the way to the high tension coil wire cutting into the sheet metal cover over the head.

brinley 10" moldboard plow home depot price.............. 199$ what a bunch of suckers those bidders are lol

Here's a shot of my neighbor's 125 rig with the bagger built onto the rear platform. I helped bring it out of hibernation last fall after after it being in storage for several years. Just needed the points and carburetor cleaned, and a new battery.

56351.jpg

the plow pictured is identical to mine share & moldboard are 1/4" steel,beam is 2 pcs.3/8" steel,mast is 1/2" thick how can you improve on that ???????? any heavier and a little guy like me wouldn't be able to lift it

sorry about the dbl post my finger got all happy and stuff

Hey guys- I found out just how durable our old machines are. I was on a job shreading tree limbs when all of a sudden I had flames shooting out from under the hood, out the front, and under the side panel. The fuel line came off the carb and spilled on the exhaust manifold. Put the flames out in short order. Replaced the fuel line and filter, fixed the points wire and hit the key. It fired right up and still ran great. Now all it needs a good cleaning to get the soot off, I don't think it even bothered the paint and decals.
smile.gif

Hennri I guess the fuel ines don't last forever. I've been so busy lately that I went from plowing snow to shreading and mowing and didn't take the time to check the machine out. The line had been on so long that the line had gotton soft and was really loose. I started leaking a little the other day and I figured I get the job done and then fix the line in the morning before it had to get back out to work. Sure is a case of an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. It sure screwed up my afternoon. Atleast the Deere Hunter survies the keep up the hard work.
animatedihbear.gif

I guess the old adage is true, "never but a car (or anything else for that mater)."

I guess I should finish my thought. Never buy a a car from a mechanic, they never get taken care of the way they should.
bottom.gif

Digger - In your reply yesterday to my question about the QA-42A, you said:

It's in the arms, Notice that these are on upside down for this application.

This is my first snowthrower and I'm not even sure about the terminology; are you referring to the curved arms/top brackets in your pic, between the tractor and the thrower? (I'm making that assumption based on mine being straight). Is there a parts list readily available for this animal? I didn't find one at BinderBooks or Parts Lookup.

Everyone - I wholeheartedly endorse Charlie's PSA about "opendns". I couldn't get on this site, or several others, yesterday. After specifying "opendns" in my setup I was able to get right on, and now the pages all loaded faster than ever.

Lip,
If you use a QA thrower on a 82 series, the chute bangs the grill from what I've been told and read unless you use the curved arms.

Dean,I was curious because the fuel line on mine is brass and it was put on so tight at the plant it will probably twist all to crap when I try to remove it(it's time for rebuild) by the way cool bear.

Does anyone have info about where to get 4.80/4.00-8 three rib tires? I've looked high and low but can't seem to find any thing except single rib tires in this size.

Latest posts

Back