• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 08, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thoffman

displayname
Tom Hoffman
Charlie,
Just trying to keep it somewhat "On Topic" since Cub Cadets don't run on Napalm (well kinda')

KEN - Since those are from HYDRO HARRY I know the numbers are for Hydro tractors. I wonder what the gear drive spec's are?
rofl.gif

Thanks for the info. I've seen HP & torque charts for Kohlers before but I aways wonder how accurately they print. I've never seen a torque rating @ rated F/L RPM. Thanks again!

The Turbo 1772 seems to run out ok 7pounds of boost and 950-100 onthe pyro.plenty of power spins the wheels before it pulls down .I have to clip some pics out of the video to post.

Glen,
My question was, did you check to see if you could find anything wrong with it before you asked here.
talker.gif

Afternoon-
I'm new to the board and to cub cadets (although I own a '46 Farmall A). I just picked up a nice 1450 model cub for my son to mow with. I have a dumb question- What is that lever attached to the right side of the trans cover do? I pulled off the trans cover and saw it's a long paddle type thinghy that ain't attached to or otherwise interacts with anything???

Tom

Tom, that lever will push down the releif valves and will allow you to push/pull your tractor if it's not running.
I can't seem to find a pic but i'm sure someone will post one for ya......Oh Kraig, you there?

Well thanks. And it ain't working. I saw those two valves sitting there and figured it had something to do with them. Should those relief valves be easily depressed by hand? If not should I liberally apply PB Blaster to free them up, or would that potentially contaminate the hydro unit?

Strangely- the paddle on the lever does not seem to be bent up or abused at all.

And thanks for the welcome!

Tom W.
If they are stuck up. Spray them good with PB Blaster and let'um set for a day or so, Wire brush'um off, then very carefully take a pair of pliers and try to rotate them first. When you get them to rotate, then work on the up and down part, Keep spraying them between movements.
No chance of getting PB down in the hydro if they are not leaking now.

Will do. Actually- my son "will do" haha.

Hopefully I'll be able to push that little bugger out of the garage instead of smoking the place up next time!

Tom W - Are they hiring where you work ?
chef.gif

There is suppose to be a piece of sheetmetal on the lever to contact/push the valves down. (since nobody explained that)

Yup- that sheetmetal is there. It makes no contact on the relief valves, so they're stuck down I suppose.

Somewhere in some of the stuff I bought a couple years ago at the auction of the Sycamore, Illinois IH dealership I have a manual with a torque curve graph for the Kubota D600B. If anyone wants to see that, I'll scan it when I get a chance....
happy.gif

Hey Grump,
I'm thinkin he already knew about that since he mentioned it in his post.
biggrin.gif

"Strangely- the paddle on the lever does not seem to be bent up or abused at all."

Oh Digger - He did "What is that lever attached to the right side of the trans cover do?" ask but Jeff answered it.
56346.gif

Member total is going up as I type
buttrock.gif

Yes I did, I looked through my carb/fuel lines/filter, and all was clear, I even took it apart and cleaned out all the jets and crap outta it, and I'm pretty sure it isn't electrical, so there you guys go, that's all I've looked for/ noticed

Latest posts

Back