• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 07, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry, had I known earlier you were coming east I possibly could've had a different schedule.. but there's a paycheck involved, you remember chasing one of those right???
err.gif

Sigh.. maybe next time!?!?!?!
1a_violin.gif

OK Guys, Gotcha on the belts. I have a 599771 C-1 and I'll stick it on the 4.25" pulley deck. We have a bunch of grass to mow now what w/the rain and all. If I can get all 4 tractors up and cutting, G'Daughters, wife and I can get it knocked out in good time.

Thanks!

just curious

how tight does everybody run the long tiller belt ???

Hi Rob, Check in manuals for #2 tiller (page 5)... If idler ratchet on machine use decal as for mower deck adjustment or ratchet in outside notch for initial adjust. If 2 adjust nuts on machine, adjust each of 2 idler pulleys in line with each other. Page 12 shows image...2" between belt strands underneath tractor.
Shift.gif

RECheck adjustment after first hour of operation.
My IH 526 tiller doesn't have a loong belt...
happy.gif

What is the models #'s for a narrow and wide frame Haban sickle mower? I want to say 402-D for a wide.

Tom, 402-D = Narrow Frame model. 402-E = Wide Frame model.

Hi all,

I have a 106 I just replaced the motor on with one from a 100. The idle is off. There is not much range in the throttle lever. I'm at full idle halfway up the scale. Adjusting it at the motor connection doesn't seem to do anything. When I mow, the motor bogs down as I hit taller grass. That never happened with the old motor to the extent it does with this one. Also seems there's more vibration than the old motor.

I had the carb off when replacing the motor. I had no gasket, so I used RTV silicone.

Any ideas on what to check? I think I've overheated tonight.

- Mike

Mike Standish, first welcome to the site!

double check around the carb base for any air leaks.. But my "gut reaction" says the govenor needs adjustment. Do you have the Kohler manual? If not I believe it's available under the MANUALS tab.

Did you verify that your throttle connections were the same as the motor you took out?

Paul thanks much ...

Does anybody have any ideas on the cat 0 conversion to lift the tiller seen a couple of guys have done this is it a custom thing or oem

MIKE S. - Get rid of that RTV for the carb gasket. Not sure what RTV you used but most RTV 's don't play well with gasoline. They SWELL up and become mostly like JELLO, and don't seal causing a vacuum leak which makes the engine run lean and HOT.

There's a thick plastic heat isolator about 1/4" thick that I always use on the carb to block mating surface with a good gasoline resistant gasket sealer on both sides that helps these Kohler engines run better when hot. Your local Kohler engine parts dealer should be able to get you just that gasket. It's included in the complete engine gasket kit but that's lots of money.

Latest posts

Back