• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 07, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art,

I did the same thing last night, but with my new beast of a tiller. Tilling 50" wide and DEEP (about 2" below the main shaft) I could bring my 20hp to it's knees if I pushed it too hard.......but man did it do a nice job.

New mule drive system worked great and never once slipped a belt, even when transmitting a full 20hp to the tiller!!!!

BTW, nice rear tires on the 169!

Hello, anybody home ?
old.gif
lurking.gif

Harry, no... I won't get out to the shop 'til this weekend.

Seems your boy is just a magnet for CC's...
happy.gif
He always seems to find the rare stuff too! LOL..

I am here Allen...
My latest toy...A 105

And these seats.That came from Frank C's turf.
Anyone know what the leather one came off of?It is a perfect match to the white cub seat except on how it is mounted.

258263.jpg

258264.jpg

258265.jpg

Must have been the night to til the garden. I finished mounting the 1A with the 3 point adapter kit onto the IH782 and tilled the garden last night as well. Took some soil samples tonight to figure out what it needs. This is the first year for this garden.

258269.jpg

258270.jpg

I tilled with the 149 also today, just no pics

Lewis -
The black leather seat was another variation of MILSCO's "pioneer seat". MILSCO was the supplier for the pan seat for original,70-100 etc. Milwaukee seat co. Still in business!

For all of the 169 fans, there's one listed for sale on Ebay right now. Not my tractor by any means, just thought I'd throw it out there.

They give this serial number: IH model 169
serial 2050048u523582

I see that serial number is already on the list, maybe a forum member?

Did some tilling yesterday, and here is the lineup of workers for the day

258295.jpg

258296.jpg

Jeff - just why the heck you got that 2x4 framing stuff laying on top your 149?

Mike - are you out of town or something? My son is going back to see that nice lady. She called and said she found a couple more units she would like to sell, but he needs to bring his keys again.

LOL Harry that pile is about 12' from the cubs, just poor pics on my part

Jeff - well, I was sorta wondering. It also sorta looked like the seat on your 129 was holding up the tailgate on your pick'm-up truck. (hehehe)
biggrin.gif

Harry, I'll be in Louisiana next 10 days starting monday! What's Matt got now?

I've got a swap meet this weekend, hope to sell some "stuff" and raise some funds..

Got a question here on the mule drive pulleys for a 50" deck.
I have 2 of them, one with a 5" pulley as measured across the dia. and the other 4.25".

I see in Charlies belt table a belt for a 50" with a 4.5" pulley. What gives here? Am I measuring these pulleys correctly on the outside dia. or should they be measured (kinda guestimated actually) at the bottom of tye groove or do I have a wrong pulley on one of these decks?

Thanks!
Dave S

David S.
Pretty sad when you have to wait so long for a halffa$$ answer from someone that doesn't do decks very well, but here goes.

You said the mule drive pulleys where 4.25 and 5". Those are the deck pulleys. The mule drive is up front under the PTO where the belt goes back to the deck.

As far as the 2 sizes of drive pulleys, I'd say they are different because of the age of the decks. Beats me though. Obviously no one else knows either huh!

1a_scratchhead.gif

Maybe it is time for a change for the forum!

The same belt should work for both pulleys just adjust the mule drive pulleys so they are even

David S - I'm betting you're using the 50" deck with one of the Quiet Line tractors listing in your profile. I've been thru the belt dilemna several times. Best thing to do is use the shorter belt, IH-59971-C1 no matter which center pulley you have (4'5" or 5"). There is only 1" difference between the belts but the longer one is really to long and once you run it a few times and adjust it you'll end up near the end of the adjustment limit. The longer belt did come out when IH went to the 5" pulley to slow the deck speed down to meet some new standard, but the belt should'a been just a littl bit shorter. Once you use the short belt a few times and adjust it you'll be pretty close to the center point of your adjuster and it will wear for along long time.

Mike F - I'm gonna miss ya when I'm there next week. Please cancel that trip to LA!!!

Latest posts

Back