• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 07, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjamison

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Binder 1650
Harry B - don't think I'm going to try the Bon Ami trick. Take comfort, however, if I were to do so, keep in mind, though I am quick with the quick questions, I am sloooooooooow getting around to wrenching on my tractors - just ask my 1650...
facepalm.gif
angel.gif
bash.gif
thumbsup_old.gif

So no worries!

Bill Jamison

having only three Cubs must be a blessing ; because with the fleet I have the work has not ended. as soon as I finish one I have so many more that need the same operation . but I have a few favorites in the bunch and I like hydros for most chores . I know this year have 4 other of topic tractors that I look after. I think I`am doing this wrong lol. I repaired , maintain there lawn equipment and all they do is add up seat time and I get them when they break.
a_weep.gif

Don T - Here is the latest count:

4 IHCC's - 1650, 109, 129 & 122 (may not part out 122 after all)

I think there are 6 other color tractors, not counting a 2 wheel Gravely, a 51 year old MF-50 diesel, chainsaws, weed eaters, push mowers and on and on and on...

I'm also loaded up on redundant tools as I keep misplacing them and buying new ones, only to find the old ones when I least need them...
bash.gif

As I said before, I look at this pile of stuff like unread chapters in a great book - waiting their turn. Lots of deadlines at the salt mine, none in my shop.

BTW - the reason the 122 is still in one piece, less the engine is (DON'T KILL ME HYDRO HARRY) because, if the 126 gear drive turns out to be the cat's meow, I may move over to the gear drive side. I like the constant speed, both hands on the wheel. I've converted two of my other color tractors from hand control hydro to foot control and they are a dream, second only to gear drive.

HOPE I HAVEN'T SCRATCHED OPEN THE GREAT HYDRO VS GEAR DRIVE DEBATE!!!!!!!

angel.gif

Dennis - ya that's pretty much what I thought. The tranny's and rearends weren't quite up to the punch of the engines. It wasn't until the mid to late 60's that they really matched up well.

Bill J - others have converted CC's to foot control hydro. For me, one hand on the steering wheel is enough for a tractor. Also, if your hyro trunions are fixed up good you will also find the hydros keep pretty constant speed similar to the gear drives. And I assume you know the gear drives are "not shift on the fly". You gotta stop and shift. In my view the Hydros are quicker and easier to use overall. BUT, there has to be a few guys that keep the old gear drive units going, so you just as well add your name to the list (and by the way, my son has a 100 with creeper and fenders he's keeping for me. I aint' got room out here. And no he ain't keeping it for me cause it's a gear drive - he's keeping it for me since it has round fenders).

Bill,
check my tag line for the last year
fence.gif

Harry, didn't I tell you that I added a 100 with creeper and fenders to my herd?!?!?

When was the last time you spoke with son??

Hi Overhauled my creeper, after installation it does not connect to the transmission. The shifter collar was installed with the long splines to the open end of the case, is that considered the rear.
appreciate any help
Thanks,
Bob

Mike F - I spoke with my son today. When was the last time you checked your storage?

Bob U.
The shift collar that is engaged by the shifter lever fork is put in with the short end (left side, facing out in the pic) facing the open side of the creeper.
258233.jpg

Good Morning Harry! My storage is ok...
1AA_dance2.gif

Besides, if I bring another one home, I'll have'ta find new hiding places... the wife has found all the others!
biggrin.gif

Art-

That's quite an impressive list. I find it interesting how the 12 fin and 13 fin engines had no order in particular. Do you know whether IH put black replacements in the 169s like other models? Also, have you gone to other sites with the same type requests? I'd bet there are 169 owners there that rarely visit this site if ever.

Wayne .... Other than Red Power, why would ANYONE spend time on another Cub related forum
happy.gif

Mike Frade - you made Hydro Harry call his son...LOL

I'd plow the ground all day long with my 122 gear drive versus any of my hydro's... However when I mowed with it around my trees I was wishing I was mowing with my 149, or 123, or a hydro...

Gerry-

Believe me, I know where you're coming from.

Just a crazy idea I guess.

(Maybe Art could just sick Jeff on em.)

Wayne-
It's not a bad idea, but I barely have time to keep up with the list we have now. If anybody else would want to 'subcontract' us some data from members of other sites, I'd happily add it to our current data.

It's not for lack of interest that I don't visit other sites, just a lack of time.

Speaking of 169's... We spent last night making some 'ribbons of black' and shoved some potatoes in the ground.

258246.jpg

Mike F - did you check your storage yesterday? You might have an open spot. My son picked up the 100 from a nice lady over in Mass. For some reason she just wanted to get rid of the unit. She didn't have the key but my son had all the variations with him. He started it right up and he drove it on his truck with no problem. All in all it's a nice little unit.

Art - <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica">"NICE!"</font>}

Art _ that is some nice looking soil. I would hate to waste it on just taters. Nice looking set up you have there. I`an still looking for one to come up over here .
old.gif

Here's what I found on the wife's KT-17.Seal was popped right out. Makes me think that the crank case vent might be plugged or sealed shut some how.

258248.jpg

258249.jpg

258250.jpg

258251.jpg

I am looking to put a 46gt deck on my 982 and 782. I have read somethings to make me beleive that there maybe two different models of these decks. Can someone help me figure which deck and mule i need for my mowers? Thanks

Latest posts

Back