• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 06, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snicklas

displayname
Scott Nicklas
Charlie,

Is that "embarassed" 1450 one that you have floating around, or did you run across those pictures somewhere? It doesn't even look to be IH Red. I have seen a 149 in IH White and IH Red instead of Federal Yellow and it was really sharp.... Unfortunatly I can't say the same for the 1450.

Hey Cub Fans I am woundering if anybody has any Pictures of a 109 Hyrdo Tractor I have one in Fair Shape and I am Thinking of Restoring it now that I have found this site. I am hoping to post some Pictures of it when I can figure out how to do it. I hope someone out there can help. Thanks from a 109 Hopeful.

Scott, IIRC, shortly after that post Charlie started boxing stuff up to move CC Specialties several hundred miles north. I think he forgot about it...

Charlie, ?
happy.gif

Willis, on the last page (Archive through May 5, 2009, see the link above) Mike Fisher posted several photos of his 149. The 109 should look the same except for the decals, the 109 would say "109" and have a green stripe rather then the blue stripe.

In addition to all the other things to check, if you've got a striping issue, is to make sure the PO didn't R&R a spindle and mount it on the WRONG side of the deck (honest - it took me about three years to find it....)
bash.gif

Charlie, the "?
happy.gif
" is in response to Scott's comment in his last post on the last archived page to the post I linked to from last summer about heat shrink.
wink.gif

KENDELL - Now THAT's FUNNY. I took My 50C deck all apart this spring, and "Fine Tuned" it with a 3# hammer to get the blades all back in alignment like what Steve B. put in His FAQ. Welded up a couple cracks in the deck skin, added a roller behind the center blade, adjusted the gauge wheels. I mowed with it two weeks ago today and it's NEVER mowed that nice since I've owned it.

Willis H. Go up top to the 'FAQ's' and pull up the first page. Number 22 tells 'ya how to post pix. Its easier than the instructions indicate. A.

Guys, I think you are all wrong about that off-color 1450. That's a incomplete theft prevention package - to finish the job, the tractor needs its wheels painted gray metallic so it looks more like a big MTD mower. Then you can leave it parked beside the garage all year.

Dennis:
I learned all of the leveling tricks the hard way - there wasn't a website dedicated to Cubs back then (no public Internet - unless you knew how to use Gopher..). My first Eureka! (actually second - the aforementioned work of the PO was the first) was when I ran a long straightedge across the blades (with the deck flipped upside down on sawhorses) and found out that the spindles were not agreeing in what perpendicular to the world meant. That's where the BMFH first came into play. Then I got it hung on the 129 and learned that just because the hangers were all the same length, it didn't mean the deck was level with the ground. My solution to that was cutting several wooden blocks the same height,and with the tractor setting on level cement, setting the deck mowing height so the blades would just touch them and then adjust the hangers, actually rotating the blades to check both front to back and side to side.. The one issue I never solved (and I think it was discussed WBW, was that of the little stripe you could leave on a sweeping turn - apparently if the angle of approach matched the gap between blades..

BTW - that spindle the PO replaced in about '78 ? - it's the only one ever needing attention on this deck...
ihrotate.gif

Hey - the new guy is funny!! Welcome aboard, Steve!

Just a note - FAQ 22 is pretty much outdated... If the Grump was around we'd twist his arm to update it.. It's easier to just click on the "upload attachment" button at the bottom of the Message Entry Area and follow the prompts. Just remember, no larger than a 100 KB and no wider than 640 pixels..
Charlie - I'll work on it on a rainy day...

Bronze wear buttons are good, no room for error in alighnment, and or engage ment adjustment. I never had to worry about that stuff so much with fiber buttons but I am dialed in now. Operator error , to busy looking at new paint and hearing Koler purr !!!!!!!The engagement arm was bent a little sideways too. Thanks guys.Might get the steel out that is impregnated into the bronze button and file smooth.

Thanks, Kendell, but until I started hanging out here and a similar site for different-colored trractors I thought that rust was the principal color for this kind of equipment. Now I have a tractor that has its color parts back from the autobody shop and the rest of the tractor isn't ready to put them on. It will be glorious when it's finished.

Jim T, Right before you posted those pictures there was anouther discussion that showed a different setup on the other side of the pedistal. I was just curios.

Dave,
Kraig was showing me an optional pto engagement
lever that was an option back in 61-63.
The pics I posted were of my original.I picked
it up with that set up. It is on the left side of dash tower.The factory one was on the right,I believe.

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some replacement decals for a QA-42 snow thrower I'll be restoring. Does anyone know where to find these? Also, I've noticed slight differences in the "Be Careful" decals for different cub mower decks -- so far I've been able to find just one type for sale on line. Is there a complete catalog/resource of older IH cub cadet and implement decals available anywhere?

I had a guy from down Texas way, call up and ask if he should buy this 782 for $50.00!
biggrin.gif

151286.jpg

151287.jpg

Oh yea, he got the engine with all the parts to fix a broken rod and the kit, plus a nice deck as well.

What! $50.00! - and it's not a Diesel! You better help him out and take that off his hands, Charlie...

Latest posts

Back