• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 04, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jboelens

displayname
John Boelens
It would be pretty cool if Keith could make it to the Garden Tractor Jamboree!
greenthumb.gif

Does anyone know when the Kohler KT17 Series II replaced the Series I?

I've got a May 1981 782 and wondering what it would have come with originally.

Thanks!

In 81 they would have been Series I......I wasn't until later in the CCC years when the Series II started showing up (84 or so).

I can't make it this year. I got too many irons in the fire. The most I'm going to do this year is go to a couple of Nicks pull meets which are local to me. Man nothing happens in Missouri, everything is way north of me...

Brian,
I've been bogged down with work. I finally shot some pics this afternoon of the new 782.

286083.jpg

286084.jpg

286085.jpg

286086.jpg

I know I'm overlooking it but, is there any info on maint items such as plugs and ect..?

Cant seem to keep my mower deck belt on. worked great and now it wont stay on. Looks pretty worn out so thought I would replace it. Any part numbers and specs for replacement belts?

Finally got the 1450 running after winter storage. Wouldn't fire, couple of file strokes on the points & a new plug and it fired right up!
Thanks again for your help, guys!

Kieth....That's because Ya got all that darn red dirt down that way and dry runs full of sharp rocks 'n goofy lookin' scrub oak trees that don't know to drop their leaves in the winter!!
1a_violin.gif

But...They do got some good lookin' women down there in the Ozarks!! That's where mine came from and I'll be darned if she is still with me!!
happy.gif

DAVE S. - re, Your 126's clutch, no teaser spring cup in NF clutches, that was a WF thing. Just build it the way the parts book shows.

Dave, me and Keith are far from red clay. It's generally either great soil or flood plain "black stick" (which is far worse). Although, I will agree with you on the oaks. Stupid trees. Nothing like raking leaves in the spring and getting 10,000 acorns out of your lawn.

Nic

"One hole Brinly plow"
I've got this plow and I bought it with the "Y" Brinly adapter already mounted on it. The old guy says it was always like that and he used it on an Original.
I notice what I think is factory pieces on it that hold the plow more stable. Does anyone else have this set up?
1a_scratchhead.gif

286091.jpg

286092.jpg

286093.jpg

John Loar:
At the top of the page, just below "Forum Rules", click on the "Topics" link, then on that page, slide down almost to the bottom (Just above "Geezers Garage"), you'll see a section called "Manuals". Click on that link and you'll see a page that says "Click here for manuals".. Go there and you'll see downloads for manuals for your tractor, deck and all accessories. The one link that looks broken appears to be the link to the Kohler manual download (and I'm away from home right now on a borrowed 'puter). Also, most all problems have writeups in the FAQ link at the top of the page - note that on the first FAQ page is a link to a second page that has many more answers and procedures -this forum has been around since '98 and the members have contributed to a pretty comprehensive bunch of info on our Cubs!

Shultzie, that's a model CC 501 Hitch Stabilizer. While I do not own an original setup. Art and I made up a couple of them for use with our older style Brinly Sleeve Hitches and plows.

286096.jpg

Here's the pieces before Art welded them up. I'll have to see if I can find a completed photo of them, or I'll have to dig them out and take a new photo.

286098.jpg

Under Edit: More Info

Latest posts

Back